• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get my hands on a nice cashmere tie locally? I'm thinking orange or grenadine.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers Lazy! have messaged HC and will grab one of two of those when they're stocked

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Kent Wang rugby? Any comments? I need some casual l/s tops for autumn weekend wear, thinking about doing the MTM thing as I think the regular ones would be too short in the arms. Anyone done this?

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha misspelling Lachy to Lazy through laziness. The irony

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Kent Wang rugby? Any comments? I need some casual l/s tops for autumn weekend wear, thinking about doing the MTM thing as I think the regular ones would be too short in the arms. Anyone done this?

I've got 2 of their rugbys in size S - fits in the chest area perfectly (I'm a 36 in jackets), but the forearms are tight. Makes folding the sleeves very difficult.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've got 2 of their rugbys in size S - fits in the chest area perfectly (I'm a 36 in jackets), but the forearms are tight. Makes folding the sleeves very difficult.
+1 ive never had luck with Kent Wang - sizing and fabric inconsistent so i gave up

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I had a polo that was a full inch shorter than it should have been. They refunded me the money + shipping, though. I did love the fabric and collar. They have .75" measurement tolerance for the measurements on their website, which is a bit much IMO.

The cufflinks, pocket squares, tie and umbrella I have from them are all fantastic, though.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm sort of in between a 36 and a 38 jacket, so I ordered a medium rugby, and will think about the MTM thing if the fit is signicantly off. If it all goes to hell I figure I can probably resell it on B&S and only take a small hit.

On a related note, does anyone have a tip (brands/styles) for this kind of casual/weekend wear for cooler weather? I'd like to wear an OBCD+knit or similar but what with all the baby puke, I don't always have time to iron, and also that can be a bit of a dull look imo. Uniqlo is my go-to for this kind of thing but nothing of theirs (at least nothing available on ebay) takes my fancy at the moment.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys. I'm sort of in between a 36 and a 38 jacket, so I ordered a medium rugby, and will think about the MTM thing if the fit is signicantly off. If it all goes to hell I figure I can probably resell it on B&S and only take a small hit.

On a related note, does anyone have a tip (brands/styles) for this kind of casual/weekend wear for cooler weather? I'd like to wear an OBCD+knit or similar but what with all the baby puke, I don't always have time to iron, and also that can be a bit of a dull look imo. Uniqlo is my go-to for this kind of thing but nothing of theirs (at least nothing available on ebay) takes my fancy at the moment.

Toby, I agree that Uniqlo makes good casual stuff and I often pick up some polo shirts and other casual stuff on trips to Japan.

However, most of my casual gear comes from Land's End, as they make very affordable ODBDs, polo shirts, chino shorts and so on that are excellent value for the prices charged. I've basically been living in Land's End gear on weekends now for the past couple of years.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 ive never had luck with Kent Wang - sizing and fabric inconsistent so i gave up

I would pass on their white rugby. I mean, I have a lot of love for Kent, he's a pleasant man, but the fabric on that polo really looks cheap after one wash (regular machine wash, hung dry, hand ironed).

Caveat: it's not like I expected some fine combed cotton from the likes of Sunspel, but IMHO, it didn't match up to RL Blue Label, even.

The navy one is fine, save for the sleeves.

I figured I'd wear them while travelling, and under a sportscoat or a blazer.

appoooh

Reaction score
Swung into the Chifley Plaza Herringbone store at lunch and was surprised to learn that the Crockett & Jones Poole loafers in brown and blue suede are currently 50% off. There was no sale tag on the shoes and they are still full price (albeit with the wrong photo) on http://shop.herringbone.com/

I almost bought a pair but I struggle with suede, it doesn't look smart enough to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads