• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Remember I lost my camera. See above.

Any recommendations?

I don't know too much about high end cameras, but my girlfriend has the Olympus TG-1 from their "Tough" range, and it's the perfect holiday camera as far as I am concerned.

Takes great photos and is everything-proof.

AFAIK, in a lower price range you can get the "rugged" features, but they take pretty crap photos. This one was/is the best of both worlds. You also don't pay as much for the Olympus brand name as you would for a Sony...

http://www.olympus.com.au/Products/Digital-Cameras/Tough.aspx

I think the TG-2 is the 2013 version.

PS if you have time to wait, grey market/online is going to serve you a lot better than JB Hifi etc, e.g. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/910174-REG/olympus_v104120bu000_tg_2_digital_camera_black.html

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know too much about high end cameras, but my girlfriend has the Olympus TG-1 from their "Tough" range, and it's the perfect holiday camera as far as I am concerned.
Takes great photos and is everything-proof.
AFAIK, in a lower price range you can get the "rugged" features, but they take pretty crap photos. This one was/is the best of both worlds. You also don't pay as much for the Olympus brand name as you would for a Sony...
http://www.olympus.com.au/Products/Digital-Cameras/Tough.aspx
I think the TG-2 is the 2013 version.
PS if you have time to wait, grey market/online is going to serve you a lot better than JB Hifi etc, e.g. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/910174-REG/olympus_v104120bu000_tg_2_digital_camera_black.html

Thanks - but my price point is well under $200.

I'm a small timer.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks - but my price point is well under $200.

I'm a small timer.

Used Canon PowerShot S90 from ebay. Freakishly good compact camera from a few years back (check out a few reviews). Easily had for under $200.

Last edited:

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
If you want a reasonable fixed lens point and shoot camera, you might think about a Nokia phone. I don't think there is a fixed lens compact as good as the Pureview 808 in that price range, although it wasn't released in Australia. The Lumia 920's camera is not comparable to it. The older N8 is better than the Lumia, and could be had for ~$250.

You could wait for Nokia's EOS phone on Windows 8, with the ultra high res sensor and optical stabilisation. But you'll wait (like me) until the send of the year.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched the film Side Effects today. Enjoyed it.

Also wore one of my six or seven "winter" jackets/coats with the change in Melbourne weather < I put this in here to be remotely SF-relevant, but really it's all about the Soderbergh film for me...

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Almost there.

Sent in a bespoke shirt to be replicated, but the new shirt seems a tad tighter, especially in the collar.

Lol and it hasn't even been washed yet.. That dry 1ply will shrivel up

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally ordered my first pair of Carminas, direct from their website (910 whole cut, Rain last, black). Can anyone comment as to how long delivery to Australia usually takes?

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If only I knew how the Inca last fits my feet, I'd be the proud owner of Carmina. Despite all the information online, there are more misses than hits to be had when buying online without trying on first.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, does anyone else have the 910? I've tried it in brown and it looked great, but I really wanted a black pair...

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are the other Melbourne SF members going with the change in weather? Perhaps a catch up is in order soon?

As for the weather, I know I'll be pulling out the flannels very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads