• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's ok, you're supposed to wear them on your feet.

But they ended up on the floor?
bored.gif

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For any of you guys that are Cottonwork customers you might be interested in the chambray fabric I've got on the way, which is not on the site as yet. There will be a few shades coming see below, I'm getting the lightest colour out of them at the top. They are $79.95 us.

I'll be making it up with the wide spread collar (high version with 1 button), barrel cuffs and the softest interlining they do, so it will be interesting to see how it comes out when it arrives. I plan on wearing it with knit/cashmere knit ties, wool ties, flannels and odd jackets/blazers.

JimC

Reaction score
Can any of you guys recommend a tailor in or around Perth?

And are there any alternatives to Parker & Co for RTW? I've not found anything even close, and find myself going interstate for purchases, but I'm hoping there's a hidden gem somewhere nearby...

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My LL Bean winter order arrived at last only took a month and what joy new oorduroy trousers and its 24c

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got this from O&J today. And it might even be cool enough for a jacket here tomorrow--timing!

Good to see it arrived safe! Sometimes I worry how AusPost treats parcels. Wear it well.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can any of you guys recommend a tailor in or around Perth?

And are there any alternatives to Parker & Co for RTW?  I've not found anything even close, and find myself going interstate for purchases, but I'm hoping there's a hidden gem somewhere nearby...

With regard to RTW clothing, doesn't Herringbone have a store in Perth (not that their recent ranges have been particularly great)?

I think that P.Johnson Tailors visits Perth on occasion, staying at the Duxton Hotel on St George's Terrace so, if you're inclined towards having something made-to-measure, you could avail yourself of their services.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes I just bought a raincoat. I'm now expecting the strongest El Niño on record to develop in the coming months.

I am sick of this heat here in Melbourne (yes, you have said that already Pink Socks!) so decide to buy a few summery items (Common Projects being the most recent example). It seems to finally be working as the cool change is due overnight. I do not really need to stock up on any winter items (except some gloves from Henry Carter) so, follow this theory, this should mean a bit of cooler weather on the way for Melbourne....Woohoo!

JimC

Reaction score

With regard to RTW clothing, doesn't Herringbone have a store in Perth (not that their recent ranges have been particularly great)?

I think that P.Johnson Tailors visits Perth on occasion, staying at the Duxton Hotel on St George's Terrace so, if you're inclined towards having something made-to-measure, you could avail yourself of their services.

Thanks Journeyman. Yes, I'm pretty sure there's a Herringbone in town. I'm hoping to find something a little more rounded in its approach. Henry Bucks like I suppose. I think I know the answer to that though. The thing is, I just haven't had as much luck with P&C as I'd like and I'm after options that don't involve a five hour flight.

As far as P. Johnson tailors go I'll keep my ear to the ground for the next visit as yes I am inclined towards MTM. IN fact, that is what prompted the first part of my query. I have actually gone down the MTM path very recently and I can't say I'm pleased with the result. I'm hoping to find a credible tailor who can give it to me straight before I pop the whole thing in a Post Pack and get the tailor to do it over. The biggest issue is that I am very time poor and need this back in time for my wedding... My fiancée has already told me that there is no way she'll let me wear it the way it looks now. The killer is that it was exponentially more expensive than her whole outfit minus rings.

I need help and fast! My post in the Tailors thread doesn't seem to want to make it on line. I'll cross my fingers it appears soon.

Cheers guys.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sick of this heat here in Melbourne (yes, you have said that already Pink Socks!) so decide to buy a few summery items (Common Projects being the most recent example). It seems to finally be working as the cool change is due overnight. I do not really need to stock up on any winter items (except some gloves from Henry Carter) so, follow this theory, this should mean a bit of cooler weather on the way for Melbourne....Woohoo!

So it was you!!!

Thanks!

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I washed my car last Monday and am going to a wedding on Friday, so am doing my bit to bring on a cool change.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my burgundy cords and a cheap warm jacket for Japan trip in a week and a half. Trying to keep weight and luggage down minimal.

Doing spring cleaning.
Can say WD40 looks like the go for getting engine grease off cotton sheets.
Still working on possum in roof.

Good to see that at least some people are wearing socks even though they are surprised there is a hole in them. Should only be a hole one end. Thanks to PoP for advice on how to put them on - don't move too fast for the student PoP.

burnso

Reaction score
this should mean a bit of cooler weather on the way for Melbourne....Woohoo!
Yes I am over this heat, but I will miss many great things once winter's here.... short shorts and summer dresses mainly
blush.gif

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my burgundy cords and a cheap warm jacket for Japan trip in a week and a half. Trying to keep weight and luggage down minimal.

Sounds very good. Have a safe journey and hope to hear a report once you return.

Where did you get the burgundy cords from?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics