1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Borderlinx, or shipito. Borderlinx is dead simple & are reputable. Shipito has more options.

2. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Haven't bought anything clothing related for nearly 3 months; hell yeah!
    Still enjoy the fuck out of clothing though; just stepped a bit back from it the last little while :)
    How's things in this thread? (Don't catch every post but check pretty regularly)

1 person likes this.
  3. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

Yeah I checked it out today. I just found the leather a bit stiff, plus it's very large. I also checked out the sportscraft one, which is ok and has a nice soft pebble grain leather, but just feels like it would last only a year. Plus the gold sportscraft lettering is trying a bit hard. I found some nicer ones at Rodd and Gunn, they have this Hungarian dude in NZ making them some really nice bags, with a big price to match ($1.1k). I went everywhere, and I still can't get past the Il Bisonte ones, but I'm not sure I can justify that. The only other one I really liked was the one that required $300 to ship. Sigh.

In other news:
    1) I would really recommend to anyone in Sydney to check out the new Hunt Leather store in the Strand, it's pretty fantastic.
    2) I bought a pair of sunnies from the Oscar Wylee showroom on Sussex St. So far very impressed and would recommend to anyone.

1 person likes this.
  4. joiji

joiji Senior member

I used Shipito last week and was happy with the service. Quick postage and pretty cheap fees. You don't have to bother with all the account verification stuff unless you are using it a lot, I didn't do any other than PayPal some money in to pay for the fees.

5. jmills

jmills Senior member

I might be quite late to this conversation, but I remember Chris saying they were getting in some cheaper ones as well.

6. acinod

acinod Senior member

All these leather weekender bags are getting me hyped about my trip. If I'm spending a month in the US for winter, will a weekender fit everything I need? Only thing I'm worried about is buying too much and not being able to bring it all back...

7. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

I have one of those Herring weekender bags for $180. Seems like pretty good quality leather except the inside has a very strong and weird smell.

8. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

Is that what that place is? I live right next to that place and I've been wondering what all those renovations have been about.

Will check it out on my way home from work.

1 person likes this.
  9. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

Came to work this morning and had a box waiting for me Skoaktiebolage.

So beautiful, now i understand the fuss about Carmina.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  10. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Excellent! That was fast delivery, too.

11. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Looks banging, banger!

12. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

- Depends on what is "everything [you] need";
    - Generally, a weekender will fit everything one would need for a... weekend.

If you're going to be doing some shopping, you have 2 options:
    (a) pack an empty duffle bag (like a Country Road one) into your luggage; or
    (b) use a bigger bag.

13. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I don't understand the fuss over leather Weekender bags, looking at a Filson duffel myself.

14. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

I've decided to step away from buying anything for a while too, until the next Spigola trunk show.

15. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Different strokes for different folks.

16. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

17. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Good to see another convert. Rain or Simpson?

18. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

You have to wonder with MJ Bale. If I were them, id be doing a heap of basic navy blazers, grey and tan odd jackets and leaving the gimmicky stuff to boutiques like Boglioli who can afford to experiment.

19. sliq

sliq Senior member

anyone after an excellent condtion sz L white long sleeve Faconnable polo with MoP buttons (3 button placket and comes with spare button)? made in italy. 100% cotton. just thrifted it this morning. will wash it before sending. PM me.

20. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

I'm going to try those floral shorts on. I don't know that I'll necessarily get them, but I'll try them on.

The blazer looks ridiculous. If the shorts were swim shorts, I'd probably want them, but that's because my ideal menswear scenario involves swim shorts, linen shirts and a year round tan..

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.