1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coxaca

coxaca Senior member

Superfudge - agree with every word of your American Psycho book review except for "shitheap". It's confronting, hilarious, totally original, and brilliant. This was the first of a trilogy (including Glamarama and Lunar Park) in which Ellis really hit his career peak.

The movie nearly made it over the line (and Bale is fabulous), but ultimately is played a little too hard for laughs, at the expense of the book's profound darkness.

Regarding running shoes, I've been on Vibram 5-fingers for a couple of years and love them, even on hard pavement. But they really force one to use a different - dare I say it, "more correct" style. I find now that even in "normal" running shoes, I take the impact with the balls of my feet rather than my heels. I think it's a great way to run and the entire theory behind it makes perfect sense to me.

1 person likes this.
  2. charliechan

charliechan Senior member

Hmm I think investment might be stretching it a bit, unless you are a short / mid distance track runner. Once you start doing long / endurance distance on roads, you will be wearing your shoes out six months at a time... assuming you mean serious running shoes for serious runners.. I think we are saying the same thing though.. don't buy expensive runners! Buy 'good' runners, for your feet / running style. I used to buy the same model in bulk once I find a good one.

Quote: It is a bit of a fad isn't it, although I like to think of it as a developing niche, there are definite advantages depending on the runner. I do lunch time runs at the Botanical Gardens and rarely see people wearing the 5 fingers. [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif]I've had 2 pairs for four years but was only an occasional user until recently - it is very good for the joints, but takes ALOT of getting used to. Man I I'm such a shoe addict.[/FONT]

1 person likes this.
  3. Superfudge

Superfudge Well-Known Member

I have a love/hate relationship with that book. I get what it's trying to do and I respect the author for doing it, I just feel that the joke is often at the reader's expense. There's vast barren tracts of literary wasteland between the funny parts and the funniest one didn't even make it into the film. I guess getting Tom Cruise to cameo would have been too much, but hey, they could have used Miles Fisher!

For Brett Easton Ellis movie adaptations, The Rules of Attraction hits the mark better than most.

4. Marbles

Marbles Senior member

Switching to running on the balls of my feet solved shin splints and feels like I get way better power transfer, although I find that with my casual approach to running frequently I'm now getting really sore points on the inside of my forefoot. Time to HTFU...

1 person likes this.
  5. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

6. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Quick straw poll: what in your opinion (dear reader) are the most SF-approved and versatile colours for t-shirts? White, navy, heather gray...others?

(For possiblities, look here.)

7. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

+ Slayer

8. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Tobias: white and marle grey. I've seen some people really pull off black too, I personally don't.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  9. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Think you cover the main ones.

Next on the list, for me at least, would be a nice pale pink.

Marble grey is probably my favourite choice.

10. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Navy t-shirt, and pale pink t-shirt. Natural white t-shirt is good. Optic white is too white for me, sometimes.

The single BEST thing, though, when it comes to wearing t-shirts it to keep yourself in the best physical condition/shape possible. You invariably look better in the t-shirt, and probably without, but that doesn't interest me...

11. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I mean, obviously the list would actually be:
    1. Slayer
    2. Slayer again
    3. Heather grey
    4. Slayer
    5. White
    6. Navy
    7-405. Slayer
    406. Pale pink...actually no, Slayer
    ...and so on

(thanks guise)

12. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

13. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I think it's an entertaining story, I really like the movie and the scenes in it. I find Patrick's character very interesting.
    Lacyzee knows what's up! Iron Maiden, Metallica and Lamb of God Tshirts are also good.
    My boss says I look like......
    [​IMG]

14. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

My picks would be grey marle, grey marle and grey marle, then maybe a white and a blue. You can get colourful after that!

15. fxh

fxh Senior member

Seeing that one only wears a T shirt under an opened necked shirt or an old one to the gym - white is the only colour.

Otherwise if you are the type to wear a T shirt without a shirt, and presumably (shudder) without socks, why not go the whole way, htfu and wear a accadacca defacto-beater, or an interchangeable Slayer or Deicide, Cannibal Corpse or Status Quo sleeveless tank top.

16. fxh

fxh Senior member

oh ernesto - didn't see your post - spot on bro. But the sleeves attached look a bit fey. Rip 'em orf

17. fxh

fxh Senior member

I'm speechless.
    {makes mental note in data base to never allow superfudge near stereo at party}

18. The Ernesto

Yeah, good call.

[​IMG]

19. fxh

fxh Senior member

ernesto - close - but something about your two selfies above makes me think you are wearing them wit more than a touch of the THIM* dialed up. I don't feel that authentic vibe. Man.

*(Thornbury Hipster Irony Meter)

20. The Ernesto

That's harsh brother.

1) I don't do irony well (growing up in Preston in the 70s kills that off pretty quick).
    2) Too old to be a hipster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.