• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
House prices in Sydney are not going to be chopped by 40% in the next 10 years.

That much is for sure.

Which is quite ******, because young guys like me aren't given a chance.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That much is for sure.

With the current job market I can't envision buying a car younger than 10 years old let alone a house :(

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Seoul for two weeks in December. Fantastic place, great culture, the people there are really nice and all around fun country.

Food - both at restaurants and on the streets - is amazing and cheap.

Girls - there's some cute eye candy. #notcreeping

Ideal. Location.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I much preferred South Korea to Japan, only because there's more of an energetic vibe there and the nightlife is much better IMO. Korean people drink heaps as well and they go hard. Japan is a super tranquil and 'zen' place to be but nah, not my place really.

I've never been to Seoul, but I've got to say that I can't really imagine the centre of Tokyo, including places like Shinjuku, Roppongi and Shibuya, ever being described as "super tranquil" and "zen"!

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Petepan, go hard and blow all your money before the recession hits and get an IWC. You'll love it and have it forever. Can't say the same for cash - it disappears before you even get to see it these days!
buy 2nd hand - i do it and watches dont really lose value in the 2nd hand market - i trade them before they need a service and save on servicing costs too:)

Speaking of popovers, I received mine today and love it too. However, I wanted some feedback on the fit.

What does everyone think about the waist? It is a bit loose (actually looser than it appears in the photo) but I suppose that's the look... I wanted to avoid putting darts in the back unless it's absolutely necessary.
Id agree the sleeves are a tad long but the body looks good, especially on your shoulders/chest. A popover inherently needs to have some room to get over your head without being baggy.

Re: sleeves can you ask your mum/gf/wife/person with sewing ability to move the button position slightly? making it tighter in the sleeve with raise where it sits on your wrist and save the need to shorten it. Ive been wearing mine over summer so Ive been rolling sleeves untucked with shorts and loafers but in winter id wear it exactly as you do

The Upright Man

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone. I probably am comparing it to my dress shirts - good point CW. I might just have the sleeves altered by a tailor rather than me/my girlfriend butchering it.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My popover fits perfectly all round. Thanks for modelling it off me, Rob, much appreciated! :D

Sleeve length, everything. It'll even double in winter as a shirt I can wear under sweaters. No-one'll notice that it's a popover :)

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Anyone ever been to Seoul?

Considering a quick (1 week - 10 days) holiday in one place (ie just one city, I hate rushed traveling.

Was considering Japan, again, but Seoul's a bit cheaper to fly to.

Other options are basically anywhere in Australia, SE Asia, NZ, or even India.

Likely on my own, though.

I've been to Seoul and didn't enjoy it but I wasn't on holiday.. Much preferred Japan, sg, hk over Seoul but everyone has own experience

My popover fits perfectly all round. Thanks for modelling it off me, Rob, much appreciated! :D

Sleeve length, everything. It'll even double in winter as a shirt I can wear under sweaters. No-one'll notice that it's a popover :)

Lol it's coz we are same size

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoever was the genius that suggested Mocc Socks, they work like a treat. Fit like a glove. Much pleasure gained.

Last edited:

g-banger

Reaction score

That much is for sure.

i know how you feel mike - 2Br unit around coggee/randwick easily 550-600k! my old man was selling them for around 75k back in the day.

meanwhile, has anyone tried Gelato Messina? :slayer:

Last edited:

Plestor

Reaction score

Whoever was the genius that suggested Mocc Socks, they work like a treat. Fit like a glove. Much pleasure gained.

:uhoh:

g-banger, that is easily purchasable in dual (median) wage household so I fail to see what the problem is...

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't get a lot for the money though, maybe that's what G-banger is getting at. If you make under 85k a year then it doesn't leave too much in the pocket for shoo purchases! And if you want a family and backyard forget it. I guess that's part and parcel of inner city living though.

Canberra is expensive enough but we have a high average income here (too many public servants). Where I live just across the border is catching up too lately, but we paid 450k for our fully renovated 3 bedroom house with a huge backyard 18 months ago. It'd be up around 485 now, same thing in Canberra would be about 550-600 depending on location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads