Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

I've always thought that the fit of a shirt - like a jacket - starts with the shoulders.

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Hmm thanks for the replies,

I actually thought the shoulders were, if anything, a little short, but maybe the shoulders could be brought in a little on the left side - that's my shorter shoulder. PJs actually measured me for my jacket at 19.75". I think they do that based on where your upper arm/shoulder muscles end, though, and not on where the point of your shoulder bone is. Tom there told me that my upper arm muscles added considerable to that measurement, so maybe it needs to be a bit shorter for a shirt as opposed to a jacket.

Based on that post Luxire has already suggested an alteration they could do to my pattern to remove the crease below the shoulder on the back view - they are good like that :)

Jason - thanks for clearing that up RE the waist measurement, hadn't even thought about halving the 3 inches!

Turns out it will cost more to enlarge the shirts than I had though, so maybe I will just live with it/lose some weight and order some more with slightly more generous measurements for the winter months...

3. joiji

joiji Senior member

4. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    /IMG]increase hem

A few thoughts. Are you able to raise the arm holes? I think the sleeve looks slightly baggy relative to the body.

I cant quite pick it but the shirt looks a bit boxy in the body - perhaps it needs to come in more at the waist and expand at the hip. We keep the hip and shoulder measurement the same and taper in at the waist to give this shape

[​IMG]

Perhaps also try a higher rise pant (esp at rear) to see how it looks?

5. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

Called in a the Sydney Henry Bucks big sale today. It finishes on Saturday and looks pretty depleted. I can't remeber who was interested in this, but the Penhaligon's didn't appear to be included - though there were some Floris on spesh. Some of those Penhaligons are nice though. I already had a sampler of the Blenheim Bouquet from Mensbiz - and apart from the fact that it sound like somethign the Queen Mother would have worn - I really like it. The other one which was nice was Quercus.

Also can't remember who was asking about braces - but they do have some. Not a huge range and pricey. They look very much like Thurston braces but carry HB branding. They were all 2 in 1 - meaning you can change between button or clip ends as you like.

I bought a nice cashmere tie in a sort of thick tattersall pattern. I'll put that one away for a couple of months.

6. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Thanks for your comments, believe it or not, those pants are fresh from PJs, and I generally trust their judgment :) I agree they are slightly baggy round the back, but I think it's how it has to be when you have a big butt like mine...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013

7. iSurg

iSurg Senior member

Just got a massive gift from myself for V Day (why should my wife have all the fun?) and also in time for a friend's wedding this weekend.

Thanks to Chris at Double Monk - great guy. Very happy with this jump in the deep end! No more shoes for me this year? Was still hoping to stop by Carmina in Paris in Sept...

[​IMG]

8. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

score! i heard they got new stock this week too:)

yes i trust their judgement too. All im saying is to experiment and try a higher rear-rise and wear your pants higher

also no-belt would be a cleaner line too

9. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Do they have any EG on sale in Sydney store ?
    det plz..

10. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Next pants will be no belt loops. Never even thought about wearing pants higher. Come to think of it, I do wear them pretty low. Perhaps not how they were meant to be worn when they were made up and contributes to some of the excess fabric at the butt.

11. iSurg

iSurg Senior member

^ Yup, extra sizes and styles. For those with smaller feet, sizes for 6 and 6.5 slowly coming in over 3 months.

Deets: George Cleverly, don't have the model name on hand (in my locker). Very sleek last :)

12. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Can I get some quick and dirty advice? I took an afternoon nap after making dinner for V day and took an afternoon nap and woke up like 2 hours later and now feel groggy as fuck; wife will be back in an hour or so and everything's ready but I feel like absolute fuck. Anyone know any quick wake up tricks....
    P.S. I understand this is random but googling just reveals to sleep less in the afternoon.

13. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Cold shower.

14. deingesicht

deingesicht Senior member

Play chicken with a train - that always wakes me up!

15. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

fill up sink with ice water,keep some ice for vodka slammer,belt VS back then plunge head into sink stay submerged as long as possible. If doesn't work repeat as necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.