• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which one are you getting and where are you getting if you do not mind sharing.

lurker%5B1%5D.gif

I bought Arabie, at fragrancenet.com. They have a 20% off sale across the board, which brougt the price down to $80. You can get Chergui there for around the same. Shipping is about $25, so still a big reduction from $150 at Mecca.

Sale goes until midnight 11/02 US time. If you move fast, you might still get in.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

Jeans are the freaking hardest thing to workout size and cut on the internet, out of any piece of clothing. Then shoes. 

Actually I find working out people the hardest on the internet, then jeans and shoes

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive got the robert last captoes on today and ive got the brown punched simpsons. Metal toe taps recommended!

Don's suit has a skinny lapel but im not a fan - dont move your pocket position otherwise it will look odd

PS - my 3sixteens just arrived!

Woohoo! Try them on soon. And wear them to death. Mine have become surprisingly soft (after almost 18 months of irregular wear).

And to add to Rob's comments - the combination of the skinny lapels, the position of the gorge, and the button stance has created that effect.

Moving the pocket is not advisable unless you have a very, very sharp eye for balance/proportion

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny - when I first got my 3sixteens, they felt so stiff I thought I could almost stand them up by themselves. Like Nabil, I don't wear them regularly but I find they are getting softer with each wear.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Have you tried them on yet? Was the sizing right?

Woohoo! Try them on soon. And wear them to death. Mine have become surprisingly soft (after almost 18 months of irregular wear).

And to add to Rob's comments - the combination of the skinny lapels, the position of the gorge, and the button stance has created that effect.

Moving the pocket is not advisable unless you have a very, very sharp eye for balance/proportion

Nah - in the mailroom here ill have to wait for dropoff !

fingers crossed they fit

Popovers - sold out in light denim chambray in small and getting low on other colours.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah - in the mailroom here ill have to wait for dropoff !

fingers crossed they fit

Popovers - sold out in light denim chambray in small and getting low on other colours.

Fingers crossed for you, dude!

Where are the popovers on the site? I can't find them under "Shirts" or "All Products".

Also, when are you coming down to Melbourne? Your coffee's getting cold ...

Last edited:

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who are you having trouble reading DB? I can tell you what kind of person any of the regular posters are.

Please start with me, thanks.

im too scared to ask what he thinks of me.. haha

Come on Mr Sy - let's hear it...

Fingers crossed for you, dude!

Where are the popovers on the site? I can't find them under "Shirts" or "All Products".

Also, when are you coming down to Melbourne? Your coffee's getting cold ...

If I recall correctly Owen and James popovers are proving so popular that they have not got around to putting them on their website yet, you just need to PM Rob. I am interested in the pink one (surprise, surprise), but would like some more pictures and details on size and price (and have put on PMing Rob as I know will mean actually buying one instead of just thinking about it).

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

Who are you having trouble reading DB? I can tell you what kind of person any of the regular posters are.

Jokes my sometimes good man! What Meerkats did you pick up?

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Come on Mr Sy - let's hear it...
If I recall correctly Owen and James popovers are proving so popular that they have not got around to putting them on their website yet, you just need to PM Rob. I am interested in the pink one (surprise, surprise), but would like some more pictures and details on size and price (and have put on PMing Rob as I know will mean actually buying one instead of just thinking about it).

Yes sorry - we are getting all our shirt range plus popovers professionally photographed hence the delay.

You can PM me for a shirt - $155 is standard price however $140 is the styleforum price shipped free..

Sizing runs the same as our existing shirts - made in New England, same pattern as Sid Mashburn. Chambray is Japanese, the other cloths are New England, USA all pre-washed for softness and pre-shrink

Popovers are cut shorter to allow you to wear tucked in or out. Full cutaway collar but with a soft non fused German interlining that allow better collar roll

Small, Medium and Large and come in light denim chambray, pink, white and pale blue.

These are the best photos I have so far
Current fabric range

Guido in the light denim chambray ...

My business partner in the pale blue

Me in white

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads