Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

Lachyzee, you certainly could request it (some places might not want/ be able to do it tho). I would caution that it was an anomaly caused by the of factors you mentioned (lapel width being the main culprit). Higher gouge and/ or buttoning point will also cause this.

I still don't like it even on period pieces -- Vox recently put up some pictures from Breakfast at Tiffanies that also have the same thing going on if you're interested.

2. wishiwasricher

wishiwasricher Senior member

Got it from the armoury.

I half a sized up as i am normally a UK 7.5/8 so i went with the 8. i know a lot of people have trouble with the simpson last but i love the look of it.
    Im now saving my pennies for the next shoe- possibly a boot that i can wear with suits/casually. I used to wear businss attire once every few weeks but have moved to a job where i wear it everyday. Makes it hard- need to add things gradually but also need to wear stuff everyday!

http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...nclair-shortwing-boot-burgundy-shell-cordovan

or

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/footwear/products/steinbeck-shortwing-boot-midnight-calfskin

Is what i am thinking. ( i know the blue might be a bit much but i reckon i could just about pull it off.

3. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Yeah, it's not that I want that look, just interested to know if it was an "option" on MTM suits as I hadn't heard of people talking about that before when they discuss pocket configurations.

4. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Both of them look great! I think the burgundy would be a tad more versatile.

5. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

6. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I had a strong suspicion that you knew that already, but it's difficult to be certain of these things on the internet!

7. Gerry Nelson

8. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Nice boots...a little heavy for business wear though? Also, they're both going to be tricky to find appropriate belts for.

9. Gilmour

Gilmour Senior member

Which one are you getting and where are you getting if you do not mind sharing.

[​IMG]

10. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Ive got the robert last captoes on today and ive got the brown punched simpsons. Metal toe taps recommended!

Don's suit has a skinny lapel but im not a fan - dont move your pocket position otherwise it will look odd

PS - my 3sixteens just arrived!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  11. wishiwasricher

wishiwasricher Senior member

My work so it isnt really "business" but rather smart professional. i reckon i could get away with it compared with the worn out hush puppies i see on some peoples feet. As for the belts.... m goodness this upgrading your wardrobe business takes its toll on the wallet. Which by the way i need to upgrade as well.

12. deingesicht

deingesicht Senior member

Anyone have any experiences with Barker, namely Barker Black, shoes for sizing? I'm a UK9.5e/f and wanted to know if they were roughtly the same as most C&J 9.5

I'm assuming there is no place in Melbourne where I can try these on (just plain Barkers even)...

13. Gerry Nelson

Have you tried them on yet? Was the sizing right?

14. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Right, I get you, that's sort of my environment as well. Still, I think I would opt for something simpler, not to mention cheaper and more comfortable in the warmer months, like a Loake chukka in brown.

15. Gerry Nelson

For belts, try http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/accessories/Belts for both blue and burgundy - remember, they don't need to exactly match. Just get them in the right ballpark and you'll be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.