1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wurger

wurger Senior member

It's only Exclusive Range quality, but it's the same design as AS Pendle.

2. Romp

Romp Senior member

Patrick will have a selection of CJ and EGs from double monk in his store in paddo next month. pricing is very sharp

3. wurger

wurger Senior member

Romp, which shop does Patrick run?

4. kayhill

kayhill Senior member

Thanks mate. I was planning to get another PJ suit in the coming months - something else to look forward to!

5. Kyon

Kyon Member

Christ, I haven't logged on in just over twenty four hours and I have about ten pages to read through, but when I'm keeping an eye on the thread it moves at a glacial pace!

Just for future reference would any Sydney folk be interested in a screening of I Colori di Antonio followed by drinks or dinner in the next couple of weeks?

6. blahman

blahman Senior member

OBJECTION!
    Just need some Japanese class to pull camo off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  7. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

8. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Jas,

Your ties are very, very nice. I love the hand on the silk.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

I assume this means that they will be at a similar price point to Double Monk themselves? I'm looking forward to going and trying some pairs, as well as looking at some of Patrick's work in person.

10. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Keen for CJs in Sydney, good move Rob!

Those camo items look disgusting.

11. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Don't forget that Herringbone have a selection of C&J shoes in their stores. The Macquarie Place store in Sydney in particular has a good selection.

12. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Thinking of going to the Ascot Chang Tour in Melbourne....can anyone give me a quick run down of how it works? Are you just measured once and the stuff is sent to you? Do you pay up front? Is it cheaper than PJ? Worth it? Are people happy with their results? I really like my shirts from PJ, so wondering if it is worth trying something else....

13. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

I've only been to them in HK, and have had up to 3 fittings (in 6 days) for my first batch of shirts.

The second batch required 2 fittings. I didn't want darts, but had to concede to them because of my curved back (and well, tummy).

The last batch of shirts had to be remeasured completely because of the weight loss. I was in HK for 6 hours for this round, so there were no fittings. When the shirts were delivered, they fit very, very well. Slight issue: wanted the cuffs to be closer to my wrists, but that's nothing I can't live with.

I'm very very happy with my shirts from AC. I'm also very happy with my shirt from PJ.

Re: price. You know the deal - always depends on the fabric you choose.

The Thomas Mason Silverline shirts from AC are 1795 HKD. At today's exchange rate, that's approximately 255 AUD. Which is about the price of a PJ shirt, in their special Thomas Mason fabric made for PJ.

All in all, about the same price.

AC does have a cheaper line of fabric - but not sure if they'll be bringing them along to the trunk show.

If you're picky about bespoke v MTM, then that's something to consider. The AC process is bespoke.

I'm more brick-and-mortar when it comes to tailoring. I enjoy the process of discussing a new commission with my tailor (and sometimes get disapproving looks, or a firm word of guidance). I enjoy the process of building a relationship. These are reasons why I don't swing towards e-tailoring. I also like the idea of going back to a place for fittings under a trained eye. Which is why I would personally prefer a local tailor over a trunk-show tailor.

Except in this case, because of the relationship I already have with AC.

Hope this helps.

14. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Sorry, that all looks godawful. If you want to shoot ducks, put on waders. If you want to dress for combat, join the army.

Just MHO, but I've always hated camo.

15. burnso

burnso Senior member

Those are spectacular, I have been eyeing them off since released....

Are they normal sizing? ie can you compare to any 1880 loake lasts?

edit: I should add, that I would be grateful for any sizing comparisons you have noticed among the various brands you have purchased...

ie I kinda float between a 9.5 and a 10 Uk. I have found a couple of the sleeker lasts to be a size 10 (ie carmina simpson and cheaney 11028), but others in 9.5 (ie loake capital, 026, cheaney loafer, church 173). Ta

16. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I dunno...by that logic I could only wear tweed if I was going to wander around my country estate...maybe shoot a pheasant... :)

17. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

18. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

Yes, but that is dressing with noble intent. Wearing camo pants implies your intent to wear a high vis jacket and be shot by Cheney.

Well, whatever floats your gunboats.

19. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

You could wear camo and shoot a peasant [​IMG]

20. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pinstripes and pistols, classic menswear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.