• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That, and why get OTR when you can afford to get something made for you :fistbump:

Guys, what are you doing for your lady friends next week? DB, what do you have in mind?

hmm not sure at this stage. Wife is due to give birth 2 days after VD, so not too much. Will prob go out for dinner or something and hope waters don't break halfway through :embar:.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of red shoes, today I saw a gentleman wearing canary yellow chinos, traffic light red suede shoes, an olive checked sportscoat and a straw hat with red feathers in it.* Very Wanny di Filippo, right down to his natural leather folio similar to those Il Bisonte ones. Whoever he was he looked very well indeed and relegates me to the second loudest dressed man in Sydney - at least for today ;-)

* Don't try this at home kids. This is advanced level dressing recommended only for old dudes not young pups.
I need sunglasses just reading that.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think if Sy could have a Valentine's dinner with DB and Rob, he'd die a happy man.

Speaking of which, I've sometimes wondered whether this thread has any gay posters. Not that I would ever expect anyone to reveal their sexuality on a forum, but the off hand comments on this thread are always about wives/girlfriends. Perhaps straight men are still more comfortable discussing clothing and fashion behind the anonymity of a keyboard? :nest:

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Aside from telling you I am a 10.5UK and wear a 45 in the F last, not really. I originally ordered a 44.5 based on the thread, sent it back as it was just a bit too snug. These are half a size larger, at 45, and seem to make all the difference. While snug, not painful, and have yet to be broken in. I love the narrow waist and heels of the F last though. Suits my foot well.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
hmm not sure at this stage. Wife is due to give birth 2 days after VD, so not too much. Will prob go out for dinner or something and hope waters don't break halfway through
shog[1].gif
Best of luck - we know if its a girl or boy (i went surprise)?

Aside from telling you I am a 10.5UK and wear a 45 in the F last, not really. I originally ordered a 44.5 based on the thread, sent it back as it was just a bit too snug. These are half a size larger, at 45, and seem to make all the difference. While snug, not painful, and have yet to be broken in. I love the narrow waist and heels of the F last though. Suits my foot well.
thanks helpful

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of which, I've sometimes wondered whether this thread has any gay posters. Not that I would ever expect anyone to reveal their sexuality on a forum, but the off hand comments on this thread are always about wives/girlfriends. Perhaps straight men are still more comfortable discussing clothing and fashion behind the anonymity of a keyboard? :nest:

That can be read two ways...

CHECKstar

Reaction score

I saw a stat yesterday that in the UK 50% of online goods are returned. I know suitsupply is about 30-40% and iconic and ASOS are about 40% too. At Owen & James our return rate is sub 5% luckily because we dont charge shipping on the exchanged goods and for an international order I lose money sometimes

I'd say that has a lot to do with:

1. Thorough and accurate measurements on the O&J website
  2. Great communications via email and PM plus the ability to accurately compare O&J fits to other brands
  3. Clientele who take the time and care to actually ask the right questions and take note of the measurements

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I talk about it all the time, have never thought twice about it. Then again, I live in a bit of a bubble.

Last edited:

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'd say that has a lot to do with:
  1. Thorough and accurate measurements on the O&J website
  2. Great communications via email and PM plus the ability to accurately compare O&J fits to other brands
  3. Clientele who take the time and care to actually ask the right questions and take note of the measurements
thanks

I guess its easier for us as we have a smaller range of clothes and its our own cuts (well actually our shirts are off the Sid Mashburn pattern)

Also we dont have the volumes that ASOS etc get so might be law of numbers.

Reminds me that our new shipment of popover shirts are in

Mid blue chambray, pink, white and pale blue. Im getting them photographed in the next week or so... ordered heaps because I sold out from one instagram photo last time

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course it's no-one's "business", but I'd still be interested to know.

Is this thread pretty much balanced in line with the percentage of men in Aus society who are of a particular sexuality?

Or is it (as I suspect) tilted towards the heterosexual side of things? If so, does that reveal anything?

I.e.

-Perhaps the "Aus members" sense of style is a style that is adopted mostly by heterosexual males

Last edited:

JTA

Reaction score

I ordered a suit from Kent Wang online and it was posted 3 or 4 weeks later as it was with another customer. Took another 3 weeks to arrive. Suit was way too big (this is partly my fault but KW not very good at communicating which made it harder - typical responses from KW were barely more than a few lines) and it reeked.

Sent it back and asked for a refund. He offered gift vouchers a refund less paypal fees of $30. He referred me to his policy of deducting paypal fees when an item is returned 30 days from the shipping date and it was my decision to return it. Was not impressed.

The suit construction itself was ok but for the money its probably better to go MTM locally unless you are sure of your measurements and how the suit finish should be. I would not recommend KW for your first MTM venture.

I've one KW suit and quality wise for RTW or MTM they offer good value if the fit spots on nevertheless KW is better for US based customers since postage is quite restrictive for Australian based customers. As for the suit the jacket armhole is higher than the industry standard, the details are decent and his soft construction is good as well.

Agree with the comment that a local MTM would be better if the price point is similar or even at 1k mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads