• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking for a silk knit tie (tipped) in dark racing green (eg Jaguar).

Googled and searched for nearly 1 hour- no luck.

Help, anyone?
Too dark? EDIT: doh just read silk tie.. ok knit.... i only know of flat ended knit in green... Tobias and Pjohnson and Drakes

Last edited:

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy Regimental Twill. 30.
They look pretty damn nice. How did you get the sizing wrong? It looks like they give you plenty of 'extra' to let out.

Are you going to return them, or sell them here?

Last edited:

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T
Congratulations Tehbunny they look fantastic. Persistence pays!

Thanks DB so v.happy with herring; annoyed I didn't take the advice to get the herrings ova meermins (gave me to my dad and they fit him perfect...).
Hopefully I'll soon be making this pair into some 'Dusty Ol' Brogues' :)
Edit: Just going for my first polish with a wax polish (always used cream before); just wondering if it's okay to polish with wax over a layer of cream (provided will be 30 between layers).

Last edited:

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Looking for a silk knit tie (tipped) in dark racing green (eg Jaguar). Googled and searched for nearly 1 hour- no luck. Help, anyone?
Too dark? EDIT: doh just read silk tie.. ok knit.... i only know of flat ended knit in green... Tobias and Pjohnson and Drakes
LL
Yeah, hit up Tobias - I love my forest green tie from him, but you're going to struggle to get it tipped.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
TM Lewin do point end silk knit ties. None in green on their Aussie webstore, but you might be able to call their retail outlet.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look pretty damn nice. How did you get the sizing wrong? It looks like they give you plenty of 'extra' to let out.

Hmm, let out? I don't really know any competent tailors in Mildura, but it might be worth it to find out. They'd need, like, 3-5cm extra though.

Contacted them about returns, just want a size up so why bother with selling?

Spinning

Reaction score

Here's everything I reckon you need:

Saphir gold medal line products:
1 Renovator
1 black wax polish
1 black cream polish
1 appropriate brown wax polish
1 appropriate brown cream polish

2 cloths or chamois. One to apply the renovator/polish with, One to buff the toe cap. (You can use a brush to apply the polish but I prefer using a cloth and working it into the leather in small circles.
2 horsehair brushes to brush the polish off once it is dry. Use one for black and one for brown.

1 wooden box to keep it all in.

Very simple method that I use is:

• brush dust and dirt off shoe
  • apply Renovator over the complete shoe. Wait five or ten minutes. Brush it off.
  • apply cream polish all over the shoe including toe cap. Wait five or ten minutes. Brush it off.
  • apply wax polish to the toe cap. Wait five or ten minutes. Brush it off. (Repeat this step as many times as you like depending on how deep a shine you are after).
  • buff toe cap with fresh cloth.

If you want a mirror shine you can then wet a cloth and work it in small circles on the toe cap then finish it off with a buffing from a pair of nylon stockings.

Wow, thank you for this reply!

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
If you're happy with the other dimensions (rise, thigh, ankle) there's probably that much there to let out (this image illustrates the excess material, find it on yours and measure it to see if it'll cover how much you need.). That said, I sent a pair back to epaulet myself last week and it only cost me $40.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, let out? I don't really know any competent tailors in Mildura, but it might be worth it to find out. They'd need, like, 3-5cm extra though.

Contacted them about returns, just want a size up so why bother with selling?
I didn't realise it was only $40 to swap sizes. I thought you might have had to pay $30 postage to send the pair back, plus $30 postage to get the second pair.

How long did it take for them to arrive?

Last edited:

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

They look pretty damn nice

Mr Sy I hate to say it - not really that'll be a blatant lie!

I do believe you have honed yours sights on another red hot purchase at the expense of Lonermat who has by the way presented an interesting perspective of Mildura in his Tumblr.

How do you sleep at night? Who will the next victim be? There must be a way to stop this abomination!

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mr Sy I hate to say it - not really that'll be a blatant lie!

I do believe you have honed yours sights on another red hot purchase at the expense of Lonermat who has by the way presented an interesting perspective of Mildura in his Tumblr.

How do you sleep at night? Who will the next victim be? There must be a way to stop this abomination!

Me please.. I have some near new apc ns for sale :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads