• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What is with all the hate on traditional Australian dress eg RMW, Akubras? they're high quality, practical and available - I wouldn't look twice at someone wearing a Cattleman on a 40 degree day.

I guess it would look fine on the farm but perhaps too country for conservative business dress?

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Looking good JM!
Sorry for stinking up this page but just wondering if you guys give your il bisonte wallets any care? E.g. I've had mine for just over a month and am wondering if I should be worried as the 'foldy-bit' of my bill fold looks like it's had a bit of **** rubbed all over it (its got browny bits on the grain); or is natural leather supposed to be treated tough like raw denim?

Treat it tough but don't get it wet.. Take a photo for us

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob,

I got a 32 in the SL. Cos of my hips (they don't lie). I didn't size down/vanity size the 3-sixteens.

Brought it to an alteration place to slim the leg from the knee down.

For reference, I was a 30 in APC NS.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just a question is Amfony Mundine the biggest knucklehead in Australian sport? Even by his standards the recent fight build up and losing debacle is hard to beat.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In no way is University an ideal environment for anything other than open learning (TAFE too). In no way does it adequately prepare anyone for the actual work they do. If this is the end goal, then apprenticeships/trainee ships are a lot more useful in terms of how well specific skills within specific contexts are learned/mastered.

My son graduated recently with an Hons Bachelors in Visual Arts from Sydney. He is an artist at 23 and has had a couple of exhibitions. As someone who is cynical of modern university standards I am pleasurably surprised at his in-depth knowledge of his subject and the obvious quality of his instruction.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a question is Amfony Mundine the biggest knucklehead in Australian sport? Even by his standards the recent fight build up and losing debacle is hard to beat.

As an ex boxer I was suprised by the result - mundine broke Geale's guard on several points, and every exchange ended with Geale eating a sharp hook or straight. He was certainly the aggressor and controlled the fight but barely got a clean shot in.

Mundine is a great athlete - coming from rugby league he is a seasoned counter puncher and quick on this feet, though lacking in knock out power.

Most Aussie fighters OTOH are boxers/brawlers and are awkward on their feet which doesn't make for a great show. Sadly, Australian boxing will probably die with mundine.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rob,

I got a 32 in the SL. Cos of my hips (they don't lie). I didn't size down/vanity size the 3-sixteens.

Brought it to an alteration place to slim the leg from the knee down.

For reference, I was a 30 in APC NS.

Thanks Nabil

I have a 32 in the APC NS which are loose. Id probably fit a 31 new or a 30 if I were to hope for stretching haha

So id probably get 33 in the 3sixteen.

If you were going to buy again would you opt for the ST instead as they are apparently already tapered from knee down?

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is with all the hate on traditional Australian dress eg RMW, Akubras? they're high quality, practical and available - I wouldn't look twice at someone wearing a Cattleman on a 40 degree day.

I don't think there's a lot of hate for them, just not a lot of love. As Rob said most of us are in a conservative business dress environment and it just reflects that. Even for me, I'm from the country (Parkes) and still pretty much live in the country (just over the border in Queanbeyan) and my wifes family has a farm just out of town, but were not farmers and don't generally have a need to wear Akubra's etc.

Anyway here is today's very rushed fit

Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter un-tipped 7 fold
Shoes: Meermin MTO

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nabil

I have a 32 in the APC NS which are loose. Id probably fit a 31 new or a 30 if I were to hope for stretching haha

So id probably get 33 in the 3sixteen.

If you were going to buy again would you opt for the ST instead as they are apparently already tapered from knee down?

When I bought the, the issue was more about the width of the thigh and the rise. Those were the deciding factors. I liked how the seat on the SL looked on me, over the seat of the ST (large arse). It was a fairly long time ago, though. I've lost some weight - so this is a difficult question to answer at this point of time, unfortunately.

The closest retailer, it seems, is in Singapore - http://www.thedenimstoreonline.com/

It's a little bit of a hike to try them on.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As Rob said most of us are in a conservative business dress environment and it just reflects that. Even for me, I'm from the country (Parkes) and still pretty much live in the country (just over the border in Queanbeyan) and my wifes family has a farm just out of town, but were not farmers and don't generally have a need to wear Akubra's etc.
Love that tie, Jas!
Yep, I have had this in my sights since day 1. That orange is deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads