• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dearly beloved culprits (you know who you are)

Cut the patronizing bullshit already eh?

1) The Aussie thread is a good place for sharing info, horsing around and indulging in other chilled-out trivialities. Leave you bloody ego at the virtual door please.

2) It's one thing to give someone your opinion. Politely. It's something else to snub and deride them just because of what they wear, or don't wear.

3) Even if you're actually trying to be helpful (as opposed to being an ass for the sake of it), think before you type; how often is it that peppering someone with insults leads them to accept your so-called advice? Think about it.

4) FFS, it's only clothes. Relax a little; it'll do your bp good.

Last edited:

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hopefully at least this thread will be minus the negative, rambling posts of the last few 24 hours for at least a few days. The Australian members thread is an oasis from all of that, so let's try and keep it that way.

Yes. Please. Thank you.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Pinky

Great new avatar. Tball has to be my favorite Bond movie of all time.

Actually that is me dressed up to dispense my henchman to seek and destroy (or at least put a hole in the socks of) those who troll or are impolite on this thread.

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score
So I went a bit overboard shopping for winter today..

423097_AE12_FF_23K

408721_A711_FF_SM9

421949_A512_FF_E83

404946_XK12_FF_IQ3

14 wale cords. I sized up as they look quite slim

424161_AE12_FF_191

424161_AE12_FF_CHH

All from Lands End and all were on sale. Plus an extra 25% off the total order. Came to $179 or thereabouts.

Also got the following Longwings. I've heard quite a lot of good stuff about this company and for $79 I thought why not.

http://www.beckettsimonon.com/products/hugheslongwing3

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 sweaters is definitely not overboard. Unless you have 10 already!

Cotton + Lambswool should be perfect for a Melbourne winter. Are you going to wear these casually or for work?

Great snipes P. Bear.

Last edited:

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice purchases Prof.

Meanwhile I had to scratch the C&J's cuz my wife bought me some RMW's and I don' think it wise for me to pig out on some Cj's right now...so instead CHUKKAS!!!

Here is what I have got right now in terms of chukkas which I'm willing to buy:

Herring Gosforth II: * $230 ish (also in pebble and black calf)

Loake Kempton: $210 (pebble, black also)

Loake Plimco: $190 at pedi/$250 at Herring

*According to Put This On the Gosforth is a rebranded Plimco.

Which would you buy?
I would like some opinions generally which you think looks the best and seeing as the Loake's are from the 1880 line they should be fairly decent.
If any of you guys have had any of these would you reccomend them and also do you think they would suit someone with a wide and slightly short feet.
Only chukkas I own are some Clarks Db's and they are pretty forgiving size wise; are these the same?

P.S.

Buying a bowtie from you right now Jas :)

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dunno about everyone else but I've had a great Sunday, taken it easy most of the morning, started building a new compost bin out of old pallets, mowed the lawn and now sitting out the back having a few Peroni's. Plus with the pub holiday tomorrow life is good.

I spent my day wandering around the Tyabb antiques market drooling over Art Deco homewares. Almost sprung for a pair of trumpet vases, but the colour wasn't quite right for us. Likewise almost pulled the trigger on some enamelled cufflinks and a half-bottle of vintage Guerlain EDT, but again chickened out. Afterwards had a great lunch at the Merricks General Store then drove down to Cape Schank for a stroll in the sun. Lovely.

BTW, the new freeway sucks.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Gents,
Currently getting scourged by yet another storm!
Oh woe is me!!!!!!!!!
BTW Great jumpers Prof.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice purchases Prof. Meanwhile I had to scratch the C&J's cuz my wife bought me some RMW's and I don' think it wise for me to pig out on some Cj's right now...so instead CHUKKAS!!! Here is what I have got right now in terms of chukkas which I'm willing to buy: Herring Gosforth II: * $230 ish (also in pebble and black calf) Loake Kempton: $210 (pebble, black also) Loake Plimco: $190 at pedi/$250 at Herring *According to Put This On the Gosforth is a rebranded Plimco. Which would you buy? I would like some opinions generally which you think looks the best and seeing as the Loake's are from the 1880 line they should be fairly decent. If any of you guys have had any of these would you reccomend them and also do you think they would suit someone with a wide and slightly short feet. Only chukkas I own are some Clarks Db's and they are pretty forgiving size wise; are these the same? P.S. Buying a bowtie from you right now Jas :)
If you have wide feet, definitely go for the Kemptons.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks was thinking that's what I should do after getting some last comparisons^
EDIT:

But the capital last seems to be wider at the waist (tightest part) than the 026; and the waist is where I usually need the space; anyone have enough experience to compare?

Last edited:

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr Dreamer - I remember you got some Common Projects not too long ago. Where did you get them and do you think they are worth the money? Welcome the opinions of others too. (Really need to up my dressing casual for summer skills).

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I went a bit overboard shopping for winter today..
423097_AE12_FF_23K

408721_A711_FF_SM9

421949_A512_FF_E83

404946_XK12_FF_IQ3

14 wale cords. I sized up as they look quite slim

424161_AE12_FF_191

424161_AE12_FF_CHH

All from Lands End and all were on sale. Plus an extra 25% off the total order. Came to $179 or thereabouts.

This reminds me, I'm interested in finding out what people's preferences are for crew neck vs vee neck jumpers. And why?

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score

4 sweaters is definitely not overboard. Unless you have 10 already!

Cotton + Lambswool should be perfect for a Melbourne winter. Are you going to wear these casually or for work?

Great snipes P. Bear.

Fair Isle sweaters will be for casual, others for work.

I don't have a preference for V neck or crew neck. I lean somewhat to crew neck as I want to achieve the following aesthetic;

bzxx4f6.jpg

oDj5pUf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads