• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Managed to pick up a fully canvassed, and virtually new (pockets still stitched closed) D'Urban wool suit in mid-grey today when I stumbled across a St. Vincents. In the jacket it said 'expressly made for Stewart's Gentlemen's Outfitters' and was Super 100s wool (nothing special of course). Not bad for 45 bucks I think.

That's a good pickup. I'm not sure if Stewart's is a chain or there are just a few stores with the same name around Sydney; I know there's one in the MLC building and one on George St somewhere as well... D'Urban are good suits for the price. I know someone who swears by them, and they look well on him. Yours made in HK?

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That's a good pickup. I'm not sure if Stewart's is a chain or there are just a few stores with the same name around Sydney; I know there's one in the MLC building and one on George St somewhere as well... D'Urban are good suits for the price. I know someone who swears by them, and they look well on him. Yours made in HK?
PoP - just a few stores that look quite tired..

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here u go Rob; have this saved as reference on chrome :p
thanks..

ok just clicked that they have EGs and GCs too ... the belgraves can wait! :)

Nicholas D C

Reaction score

Yep made in HK. Think I need to get the pants altered as there's a little bit too much slack in the thigh and calf area when standing. Aside from that the Jacket is liveable - maybe a little waist suppression necessary, but otherwise not bad at all OTR!

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PSA - Herringbone having 50% off sale and this time... it includes some C&Js!!!

Just picked up a pair of C&J Poole loafers in dark brown suede for $274.50; i.e. HALF PRICE!!

Better check at your local HBone before the goodies run out...

Will be in town on Friday which store did you get them from?

g-banger

Reaction score
Gents I can confirm the HB Chatswood chase store has the 50% off and they had the c & j loafers there too. Meanwhile I wasn't impressed with their dress belts at all, any ideas where I can get a nice good quality leather brown belt in sydney? (Pref similar to the Westminster belt herrings shoes sell)

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any tobacco suede CJ Hallams at 50% off? And damn, I'm missing another Melb meet up. I am still stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any tobacco suede CJ Hallams at 50% off? And damn, I'm missing another Melb meet up. I am still stuck in the middle of nowhere.

I think that the 50% off only applies to C&J loafers and only in Sydney.

charliechan

Reaction score
I think that the 50% off only applies to C&J loafers and only in Sydney.

I can confirm that; was in the CQ store today. I found a very nice blue striped navy suit, peak lapel... but it had a single vent, disappointing.
Apparently all OTR HB suits are half canvassed - only their MTO ones are full canvassed.
They seem to have quite a few sizes left in their charcoal suits, for anyone interested.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just discovered that the Carmina calf/suede spectators that Skoaktiebolaget are going to have in a couple of month's time are actually available from the Carmina webstore here (at least, I assume that they are the same as the ones mentioned on the Skoaktiebolaget website).

Unfortunately, they've only got a couple of smaller sizes left, a UK6 and a UK7.5.

I have seen that Carmina spectator in better photos on SF and eBay and they are really nice looking spectators...very sharp.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have had D'Urban suits for years and they are great and fit Aussies well if that means anything. Stewarts is a tregualr menswear place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads