• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Getting a shirt made with PJohnson. From those who've had shirt commissions, what did you opt for in a relatively conservative business environment?

No. Just bringing some conservatism back into the ad game.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's very decent pricing for shipping to Australia, and in that time frame. Will drop them an email and ask about the navy M-65. I take it you're happy with the build, and the price point?

Yes, very happy with the build and the price point. I was wearing it again yesterday - it's my 'go to' casual jacket now.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Getting a shirt made with PJohnson. From those who've had shirt commissions, what did you opt for in a relatively conservative business environment?

nothing beats a great white shirt.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are all these gizmos you mob are talking about? RX1, APS-C?.. Sounds like alphabet soup to me...

Here's a photo of my soul stealer:

All hail Ned Ludd!

That's a very cultured Brownie you have there PoP I have two of them a Kodak in its original leather case and a Agfa. I think the last time my mother used the Brownie was in 1969. Have a large family collection of black and white shots and then came the Kodak instamatic and the world changed to colour.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got home after seeing David Byrne and St Vincent. What a fantastic show!

Good to hear going Friday at the State did they do any Talking Heads material? I remember he did a brass album back in the 70's The Knee Plays? Anything off that?

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of suit pants that have worn out in the crotch - do you know who can fix this? Is it even worth fixing? I've heard people quote that it will cost up to $90 to replace via finding matching fabric and sewing it in place. Advice appreciated.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of suit pants that have worn out in the crotch - do you know who can fix this? Is it even worth fixing? I've heard people quote that it will cost up to $90 to replace via finding matching fabric and sewing it in place. Advice appreciated.

It's an easy fix if you have the matching fabric, as the tailor simply needs to cut a "v" shape out of the inside of the trousers legs on either side and then sew in the new fabric.

I've had it done to a couple of pairs of trousers, and I can remember how much it cost as the last time was a few years ago, but I don't remember it being particularly expensive. If you can find matching/similar cloth, it's well worth it if you like the trousers and if they fit well.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good to hear going Friday at the State did they do any Talking Heads material? I remember he did a brass album back in the 70's The Knee Plays? Anything off that?

He did do some Talking Heads tunes, and some of his solo material.. Annie Clark did some St Vincent songs and of course they played the songs off Love this Giant. The brass backing band was sensational, and the choreography was a hoot.

I'm not familiar with that album, but here's a link to the set list, which I think is pretty close to what we got. If you prefer to be surprised, don't click it.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/david...012/state-theatre-minneapolis-mn-3dd9993.html

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

I don't think I can make it this Friday, as I expect to be be thoroughly hung-over from back-to-back Weezer shows on Wednesday and Thursday night.

Should be a classic especially if River gets stuck into the Blue Album!

Any heard rumour of upcoming Arcade Fire, Interpol tours?

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads