Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apropos

apropos Senior member

;)

Master Watchmaking - cannot speak to their service with new watches, but was NOT happy with the way they handled the servicing of a vintage watch I sent to them in early-mid 2012. Overpolished a case and threw away a nearly impossible-to-get vintage signed crown despite specific instructions to not do so. Suspect they damaged the dial as well, but have no firm proof.

Watch was an Omega connie dog leg piepan too, so I was - to put it mildly - pretty fecking pissed.

Just remember if you are having something shipped in to add 12-15% for GST and brokerage fees.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013

2. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

The RX100 does not have a sensor size even close to APS-C, it is a 2.7 crop. However, it is the best compact camera on the market bar none, yes.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Speaking of cameras, I have both a Fujifilm X-10 and X-100 and both are excellent. I prefer the viewfinder and general performance of the X-10 but having the zoom on the X-100, as well as the smaller size, is certainly convenient.

4. Nicholas D C

Nicholas D C Well-Known Member

Few things arrived in the mail in the last week:

[​IMG]

(full res: http://i.imgur.com/6nVK1.jpg)

Looking forward to changing out the crappy stock strap on my Timex Easy Reader for one of these. Now if only the Germans would hurry up with their postage and get the Junghans Max Bill to me... the suspense is killin' me!

The Aspinal Cardholder also arrived - so much nicer in the pocket than a full wallet I must say:

[​IMG]

(full res: http://i.imgur.com/UCWMW.jpg)

Might post a picture of the Thomas Lyte briefcase when I get the chance as well.

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Both the straps and the credit card wallet look very nice. I look forward to hearing more about the briefcase.

6. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

Are Aspinal made in England/U.K?

Prices are a bit to cheap to give me confidence of their quality and construction.

thanks.

7. Smudge

Smudge Senior member

Don't have any experience of apartment hotels in Sydney I'm afraid. Not sure what your budget / length of stay is however, but you might like to check out https://www.airbnb.com.au/; Seems to be great for that sort of thing, I've used them to book a hotel apartment in KL.

8. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

9. Nicholas D C

*too

From the cardholder's product-page:

Quote: They are a steal for the price in my opinion - you're right they're cheaper than their competitors, but Aspinal has a fairly good reputation from what I can gather. Then again, I don't know if they're particularly 'cheap' either - their briefcases start at 495 GBP (see also: http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/esho...he-case-in-smooth-dark-tan-and-espresso-suede). Their best deals tend to be in the wallet arena.

10. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Thanks Smudge. Some nice places on there.

11. Smudge

Smudge Senior member

Ate at Chin Chin on Saturday night. Many thanks for the tip off. It was a big success all round and thanks for the warning about neck issues. Managed to score a table in the corner bar overlooking the kitchen with great view of restaurant and enabled us to talk to the very talented Exec Chef (Benjamin Cooper), lovely bloke. Very, very highly recommend their Baramundi (spell check wants to change that last word to "Barmaid" :D). Awesome service and food was sensational.

Ended up having brunch at Hardware Street Societé (?), highly recommend their baked eggs... Thinking about canning the idea of moving back to UK and moving to Melbourne instead but we reckon we'd be enormous if I lived in a city with such great food, everywhere!

12. davodiva

davodiva Active Member

Thanks heaps Ernesto (The)

Now fixed.

I'm an analog man in a digital world! Will I ever catch up......do I want to!

(a distant ancestor was gaoled in Wales because he was a militant Luddite ie sentenced for' machine breaking' - true! I put some flowers on his grave!)

Best
    Davo

13. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

What are all these gizmos you mob are talking about? RX1, APS-C?.. Sounds like alphabet soup to me...

Here's a photo of my soul stealer:

[​IMG]

All hail Ned Ludd!

14. Nicholas D C

Quote:

At first I thought that thing was a loudspeaker!

15. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Bit of light reading there, PoP.

Chatterly's looks well thumbed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.