1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

I concur. I usually just roll the hem over, it sits a lot better with anything with laces.

2. The False Prophet

FWIW, did Trenery chukkas in chocolate brown today with Denim Demon jeans from that shop in Crown St that I forget the name of near fouratefive.

3. Romp

Romp Senior member

Whirlwind tour of Melbourne today.. Managed to checkout the new pjohnson showroom in Windsor (it is epic!) and met Chris at double monk and bought some shoe trees.. Unfortunately was only there for 15mins and missed Gerry and TBM sorry guys!

Agree with nabil Andrew is a top guy, glad we had the chance to have a drink with him

4. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Does anyone who's on Tumblr know why, when I post particular photos, Tumblr rotates them so that they are "sideways" - ie they end up in landscape instead of portrait mode?

Further to that, does anyone know how to rotate them back? I've seen plenty of photos that are quite "tall" relative to width, so I don't understand why mine are sometimes rotated.

5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes, it happens on here too. It only happens with jpegs on occasion. I don't know why, I just know its with jpegs.

The solution is to save them as a png file, and lower the size to something smaller that wont lose resolution, otherwise your file size will be huge.

Tends to happen with camera phone files that need to be rotated in my experience.

6. The False Prophet

Actually, while on the topic of chukkas, is anyone aware of a cobble who can replace a crepe sole? Mine said that he's struggled to source the material. I knew I should have had them done at Trading Post in Tokyo...

7. scruffy

scruffy Member

Can anyone recommend a good pair of casual boots (with jeans) with rubber soles? A majority of my shoes have leather soles and don't cope with the rain... Something like a Red Wing maybe? Thanks in advance.

8. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

What about the RM Williams dynamic flex comfort craftsman?

9. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Any one here wear a bulky knit, light grey slacks and the GbGhiKmnBhJjJmMnJuJFuckingAwesomestShoesIHaveEverSeenInPerson? They where burgundy or oxblood full brogues. Kinda suspecting it was Hoo-man who was here for a while then went back to FNB as they seem to be his kind of shoes, hardy, well worn and 'gunboatey.'

Anyway......return back to normal convo guys; heading to Paceman thingo sometime this weekend hopefully thank Andrew for making my favourite pair of jeans ever.

10. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

JM/ HC have you check the orientation is correct for the way you want it in the metadata? Although you really shouldn't be rotating JPEGs if you can avoid it anyway.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  11. scruffy

scruffy Member

GN, i do have a pair of them, was looking for more of a 'boot'...

12. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Speaking of... my new boots arrived today. Very happy with them; I must say I had my doubts at times but the final results are pretty good IMO. I'll take some photos and do a bit of a write up over the weekend if there is interest here.

13. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

(Still) Interested. As an aside my FS029 have held up well.

14. coxaca

coxaca Senior member

Nice quote. I'd not really thought of it that way, but you are right.

15. coxaca

coxaca Senior member

I suspect he's referring to the one who plays guitar for a living.

16. coxaca

coxaca Senior member

Loake 1880 Bedale. Goodyear storm welted rubber sole. I just bought a pair in dark brown (second from front in photo below) from Beggarman Thief. Beautiful leather. You can also get them online from Loake direct.

Be careful of sizing though - Loakes tend to wear large.

[​IMG]

17. Romp

Romp Senior member

Think this depends on how the image is saved.. Preview it in something like Picasa and then flip it and save

18. Romp

Romp Senior member

Express your inner agnelli and get Tod's gommini boots or I just got a pair of sander playboys crepe sole

19. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

Romp, you mentioned a new PJ HQ in Windsor. Is that a relocation of the South Melbourne one?

20. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Yes, the new address is on the website now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.