1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

In that context "Full Troll" would be more appropriate [​IMG]

2. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

+1

3. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Hey Romp, got any for me at suitshop?

If so, I want a fitting for a full canvassed suit.

4. Archer

Archer Member

Hey Gents,
    Best place to pick up some cardigans near Pitt St Mall?

5. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

Go to Cuntry Road or Maybe RL in either DJs or Myer - theres 50-60% all Ralph Lauren right now.

6. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

Hipsters wear grey flannel trousers now. Have you not been to newtown lately? Geees, talk about aggresive eh?!

7. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Is it possible to replace the face of your average watch if it gets badly scratched? Or is it just not possible/economical? A friend has an almost new Michael Kors watch that she scratched.

8. boff

boff Senior member

The face or the crystal? If you are talking about the crystal then find out if it is made of plastic (a surprising number are) or sapphire. The plastic ones you can often polish off the scratches yourself. Sapphire not so much.
    I use something called Polywatch to clean up my Omega plastic crystal once a year or so.

9. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

I'm in Canberra and have not been to Newtown for ages.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  10. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

In the same vein as Polywatch, you can even use some judiciously-applied toothpaste, gently rubbed on the watch crystal, to remove scratches.

Both Polywatch and toothpaste contain micro-abrasive crystals which effectively sand down the surface of the watch crystal by a couple of microns.

11. Archer

Archer Member

Thanks Arigold. I poked around and even with sales they're a little expensive and not quite what I'm looking for. I did find Woolovers in the UK and like their v neck cardigans.

For some reason I'm set on ordering a few to prepare for winter. They're pretty cheap and will add a lot more combinations than I currently have for cold days. So two questions:

1. What is the major difference between a cashmere/cotton blend cardigan and a pure lambswool cardigan?

2. What are the most versatile colours? I was thinking beige, wooded (brown), navy, and flannel grey. Most of the other colours seem very over the top, whereas these would work with lots of things. Right?

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  12. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

You've got some solid selections there in terms of colour - wine and bottle green could work well as well but the other colours don't really appeal.

13. boff

boff Senior member

A bit of a google makes me think it likely she has a mineral glass crystal. Just take it to a watch shop and ask. They could also fix it whilst you are there!

Bear in mind it's a shitty fashion watch running a $10 mass produced crystal movement so don't be dropping many dollars on the repair.

14. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Get her a Casio F-91W instead. Good enough for Obama. I mean Osama. I mean, whatever, it's reliable.

15. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Cheers.

New CJ gloves arrived today. Great timing!

[​IMG]

16. boff

boff Senior member

17. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

^ Good score don't think its too much in terms of Sydney sensibilities, well if it is wear it with pride. One thing is that breast pocket cut on an angle? in the photo it doesn't look square.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  18. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

It looks like a reasonably safe choice to me. I have a Zegna SC in an bit darker shade of brown, and it is fine for business casual or SC and odd trousers with tie. I don't get as much wear out of it as a solid navy blazer, but it's good for a change. That one should go great with pale blue shirt, knit ties and dark trousers. And you paid half what I did!

19. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.