• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Second double shot of the morning, and damn what a beautiful day! Ribs and beer for lunch! Hope everyone is having a cracking day! PSA never underestimate the dangers of BBQ splatter on the boat shoe. May need to create a Apron to address this matter

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sat mesmerised like a stunned lemming for a good hour... Good to hear I wasn't the only one lol

I missd out.

Nicholas D C

Reaction score
Beaut day for the New Year indeed.

Just pulled the trigger on a couple Loake welts (Knightsbridge and Fox respectively) so I have some reasonable quality shoes to wear with my MJ Bale suits for work (first corporate job, having graduated from uni a few months back). This Christmas period has been a good introductory experience to the sartorial side of things actually - been reading putthison/Styleforum quite a bit to try and get to grips with the basics. Also managed to get a few suits made in Thailand, which was a good learning experience at the very least (choosing fabrics, making decisions on what suits my body type and so forth) - looking forward to learning much more in the years to come as no doubt I'm completely clueless at this stage.

So far I've managed to snag a couple MJ Bale suits (one in light grey, another in navy), a pair of the aforementioned Loakes, a couple tailored charcoal grey and grey check suits from Thailand while I was there on holiday, a Politix leather jacket, a couple MTM linen shirts (also from Thailand), numerous blazers (navy/tweed/beige), 8 MTM shirts in egyptian cotton, assorted ties from Bvlgari, Kent Wang, Henry Bucks etc, three pocket squares, Gant polos and hopefully in the next few days I'll manage to get a Junghans Max Bill on my wrist (love the Bahaus aesthetic). I'm hoping some of the latter will allow me to present well in a corporate setting - I'm pretty happy to start off with this set of items in any case as not everyone has thousands to spend on individual items when they first start - as much as I'd like to (e.g. Gaziano and Girling) ...
drool.gif

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up at 7.30 am no hang over, between wife and I drank bottle and half of pinot.

Wife and sister in law hit the vodka and cranberry jucie, OMG I can still remember the words to The Partridge Family, The Archies and the Jackson 5 WTF? Oh well that was the year that was.

9.30am high tide on the beach and what a glorious way to start the year, a swim to clear out the cobwebs. Beach a cornucopia of female flesh.

Then home for lunch and some Keith Jarrett to while the afternoon away with Storey's History of Mens Fashion.

Haven't been near a sale just cursing the fact that Sydney or Canberra does not have one decent men's shoe store.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stupid ipad why is it double posting!

Last edited:

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

Up at 7.30 am no hang over, between wife and I drank bottle and half of pinot.
Wife and sister in law hit the vodka and cranberry jucie, OMG I can still remember the words to The Partridge Family, The Archies and the Jackson 5 WTF? Oh well that was the year that was.
9.30am high tide on the beach and what a glorious way to start the year, a swim to clear out the cobwebs. Beach a cornucopia of female flesh.
Then home for lunch and some Keith Jarrett to while the afternoon away with Storey's History of Mens Fashion.
Haven't been near a sale just cursing the fact that Sydney or Canberra does not have one decent men's shoe store.

Great form Mr Firmin! Maybe it's time to up the stakes tonight and charge those glasses in serious style...

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

bought these today for the office they are To Boot New York. Thoughts?
Hi Swan To Boot New York don't appear to receive many accolades off this thread, own a pair myself. However in the whole scheme of things Im a newb, without the experience to assist. Should the big boys on this thread chime in(they know who they are)you will get an expert honest appraisal...

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bought these today for the office they are To Boot New York. Thoughts?
TBNY aren't bad shoes. Certainly better than anything you can get for the price in Australia. Don't expect amazing levels of quality on every pair but your loafers look well enough, not that you should need affirmation from anyone else if you like them.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After watching the fireworks on the banks of the Torrens, hit the hay at 2am. Woken up by the light at 7am. Wandered around town; it was like On The Beach, and stinking hot to boot. I need a steak and a Coonawarra cab sav.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Melbournians - in talking to a few people in person and online there seems to be a few people interested in a meetup sometime soon.

I am thinking that perhaps the 18th or 19th of January might be a good time for this (since any later and I'll be back in the warm North West).

Any interest?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Melbournians - in talking to a few people in person and online there seems to be a few people interested in a meetup sometime soon.

I am thinking that perhaps the 18th or 19th of January might be a good time for this (since any later and I'll be back in the warm North West).

Any interest?

I'm in.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xpost. My first pair of tassel - (AE Grayson )

Last edited:

lennier

Reaction score

Any interest?

At this stage after work on Friday 18th looks free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads