1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

2. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

I have that Epaulet cardigan.

It is excellent. Well worth it if you are after a grey outerwear piece.

I was wearing it with the red O&J Chambray on Saturday night. The chick that runs Argyle was digging it :) (best bar/club in Sydney btw). Oh, G-Banger your relative, the one that interviewed Patrick was at the Argyle on Saturday night. He stuck out quite positively - who wears double monks to a bar? Total player.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  3. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

Did you know that there is currently a 30% + 15% sale going on at RL? Ask Forum Member DASTIG to help you out. He is a SA at RL. Cheers brahzie.

4. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Senior member

Sandro from meermin were kind enough to send me a free pair of dub monks + free belt after I emailed them about my defective pair. So +1 to their great customer service.

5. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

The only thing sticking out, Mike Sy, is you for calling out another man's outfit. At a bar. On a Saturday night. Unnecessary, man. You're young - just have a good time :)

6. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Pink Socks needs to get onto this.

7. California Dreamer

Gents, I have some nice stuff that is simply not getting enough love. A mixture of op shop finds and stuff I no longer use. I consider BS on this forum to be exactly that, but I'm happy to offer them to the local lads.

I'm not too organised yet, but a quick early offer is for 2 pairs of suede shoes. The first is a pair of burgundy EG suede brogues with dainite soles in 10.5E. There is a mark in the suede on theinside of the right heel cup, but it's pretty unobtrusive - nobody has ever noticed but me. Looking for $200'

The other is a pair of C&J Kent penny loafers in choc brown suede, dimpled rubber sole. Size 11E. Hardly ever worn. $100.

8. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

They looked good! I complimented him on them. He bro-fisted me. That was it. We didn't sit down for coffee and discuss it.

Fuark..........this forum is wiiiiiiierd.

You've never complimented another man on an item of clothing they are wearing? [​IMG]

Or maybe the phrase 'A sore thumb' refers to something noticeably bad, not just noticeable, in which case this is a big misunderstanding?

1 person likes this.
  9. California Dreamer

No, TBM is a notorious curmudgeon who spends all his time growing facial hair instead of eyeing off other chaps' fits. The image the Melbourne members promote that they are all lovely, nice, well-dressed people is a pure smokescreen. In reality we all dress head-to-toe in black and meet over coffee to bitch about one another.

2 people like this.
  10. Nicholas D C

Nicholas D C Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get a good quality nice navy/red/white striped tie (or variations of said colour scheme). I think the term I've heard for it is a 'repp' stripe?

The usual suspects seem to be vanda, hober, drakes - amirite? Tempted to just go with new Herringbone ties since they moved back to Italy for production and I get a decent price on 'em through work. Figured I would receive the collective wisdom first before pulling the trigger, however.

11. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Wow that's a darn great deal :)
    Also Hi,

Haven't been posting very much lately been busy at home but have still gone on Instagram every now and then; wow I missed a shit load T_T As you must've known I didn't make it to HC trunk show was busy with some family stuff...god I want a pic in the sexy chair maybe I would look as boss as Gerry. Pics made it look like a great night; hope y'all had fun!

P.S.
    Restock of silk knits Jason?

12. California Dreamer

I may be mis-remembering, but I seem to recall Jason had such a tie at the trunk show. Can't see it on the HC site though.

13. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

CD, are those UK sizes?

If the 10.5 is a UK10/US10.5, then I'd be very interested in the brogues.

If it's a UK10.5, then Plestor might be interested, as that might be his size, if I remember correctly.

14. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

This.

15. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

I always fuck something up.

16. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Sorry CD I do not understand. Did I look cold the other night? Or is it because there is a pink one? Or are you saying I am cheap?....

Actually loving the fact it has cooled down. Got my Crombie overcoat out today. Was too warm but I have missed it so.

17. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Yes Thursday was a great complaining session. Shame we had to pretend to be well dressed for those photographs evil Gerry took. Was so glad to get back into my black cloak.

18. California Dreamer

Sorry I wasn't clear. They are both UK size.

19. California Dreamer

Because there is a pink one. It will look nice under your black cape.

20. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Silk knits wont re-stock for another 8 weeks or so, and only black, brown and i'm adding a rust/burnt orange colour.

Possibly this one which is one of the new 7 folds to go up tonight/tomorrow
    [​IMG]

Or this one which was at the show but is Ludlows stock, I'm sold out of it
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.