1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

That bloody Gerry...it is all an act you know. He is usually in sweatpants, no shirt and square toed glued shoes beating up old woman. He says he is on holiday, actually he is on the run.

But seriously great night Jason. Well done. Looking forward to the photographs.

2. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Just about to don my brown grenadine for a night on the tiles. Going to watch a bit of boxing at a charity event.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  3. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

A tie? At a boxing match? Boxing? For charity?

So many minds blown.

4. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

Yeah they've already got some variegation (Patina &/or antiquing seems to be the wrong term here) which looks good so I think they'll work out well. My mid brown polish is also a touch darker too.

Very interested to see what you came up with when they come in.

5. burnso

burnso Senior member

No problem here's a quick/ simple pic that's a good representation. Can post a better one tomorrow if wanted.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The card details they wrote out for me were '80105 Vitello Marron', and inside of shoe has: 73 10, and 80105

6. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Sorry, didn't see this before I got there, or back home.

Next time, when I'm in Brisbane, or you're here.

Had a coffee with Journeyman - top bloke.

7. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

thanks for the heads up aussiejake.

Bought these two E.G. Cappelis:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did I make the right move on the red?

8. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

If anyone's a 40R in MJ Bale and interested in a new blue-grey flannel suit, please PM me - I have a new one to sell at half price. Will be putting it up on B&S later but here's a chance to get in first :)

9. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I have absolutely no idea of the quality of these, but anyway, $30 shipped seems reasonable for few cheap dress belts:

http://donsassi.com/

10. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

^^ they look "cheap" to me in the photos. I'd probably save a little longer and get a couple of nice belts that likely will cost a little more and look better for longer, too. But, I'm not one for wearing belts as all my pants have no belt loops and I'm not one for matching belts exactly to my shoes so I don't have to purchase too many.

11. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Some people rabidly dislike red ties but I think this would look really good with a pale blue shirt and navy / grey suit.

12. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

If anyone's interested MJ Bale are doing some pink ties for the Sydney Breast Cancer foundation. Usually I have a hatred of MJ Bale ties and pink but as my mum went through chemo last year I might grab one.

13. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Starting to be happier with my outfits, tell me what you think:

[​IMG]

14. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

^Looking darn good though the shoes look like elf shoes from here though that may just be angle and that is an awesome pose use it as your default ;P

15. sliq

sliq Senior member

agreed. i think red ties look best with a pale blue shirt, or even a blue and white bengal stripe shirt. have a few similar patterns myself and it's received a few compliments.

16. Lowly Public Servant

Lowly Public Servant Well-Known Member

I bought a couple at the earlier sale price. Value for money wise I think they are pretty good, better than many of the belts I've tried in the past, though I think TBM's advice is well worth considering. IMO the free shipping is what makes these decent value for money, without it I would be looking elsewhere.
    For anyone thinking about purchasing one I advise that you go with the cm measurements and disregard the corresponding inch measurement on the website. I bought a 34 inch belt as I normally would and it was at least two sizes too small but if I'd gone and looked at the cm measurements.....well I should have gone for a 38 inch belt in the first place, even though I usually wear a 34.

LPS

1 person likes this.
  17. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Not elf shoes, but they are shit.

Yeah I dig the pose too :)

18. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Ok guys the first out of 3 parts of the collection is now on-line, the wool collection. One has already sold out at the trunk show so there are only 6 remaining. We are a proudly Australian company and I am from country NSW bang in the sheep farming district so it's important to us to use Australian wool free from mulesing in the wool ties we produce.

I've spoilered the rest as all images are in my affiliate thread.

They are all 3 fold and handmade in Naples as always. $84.95 AUD.

You can find them all HERE

Oh and a small bit of housekeeping regarding the SF discount code (SF10) will now only work for order totals of $84.95 or greater. It was either put a limit on the discount or put prices up and I think this way is fairer to all on the whole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

error : )

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  20. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

TBM - would you please start buying your clothes and shoes a size bigger so I can buy the well priced nice stuff when you are selling.

Anyone here who is a 40R with size 9 UK feet could do well from TBM B&S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.