1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

2. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

i agree with this - very cool shoes. only thing is these get a little warm during summer months

these are similar to mine,but as you can see very versatile.
    [​IMG]

3. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Where can I look for odd trousers with inseams long enough to cater to my longstanding desire for 6cm cuffs (I'm also 6'1, problem...) and tab adjusters? Nowhere?

4. joiji

joiji Senior member

Luxire? I don't think anyone does decent inseam RTW these days unfortunately.

5. thebrownman

How does Luxire work with trousers? You self-measure?

6. joiji

joiji Senior member

7. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

Clothes brushes seem to come up very frequently at second hand stalls in community markets (eg Rozelle, Glebe, Paddo etc) and in thrift shops - perhaps people don't use them much these days. Often they are in sets of different brushes for different purposes. I got mine at the markets. About $20 for four brushes.

8. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Thinking I might just buy that bigass kent one and maybe a regular comb because the tortoise shell looks significantly more pimp than the Big W ones. Cheers guys :D

9. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Chukkas are a godsend in Australia as they blend in but still look good whereas getting away with brogues and such for casual is hard and they are probably my most worn casual shoe. Dude your leg ending looks tiny!

10. Romp

Romp Senior member

We can do odd trousers for you if luxire doesnt work out TBM .. Or just let us fit you the first time ;)

11. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Anyone coming to the trunk show thursday night, Ludlows will have the Kent brushes 30% off for the night only.

TBM, I'm sampling up at the moment some trousers that will have side tabs. Will talk to you about it Thursday but will have all those bells and whistles, side tabs, un-finished hem, split waistband, made in Italy and come in around the Howard Yount price. Prob won't release till spring though in four seasons and tropical weight.

3 people like this.
  12. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Would you all go double sided? they're kinda ugly.

13. Orchie

Orchie Well-Known Member

Any chance you'll be there a bit early Jase? My wife kindly bought tickets to the Adam Hills show which doesn't leave me a lot of time for browsing the wares at Ludlows Thursday night :(

Grant

14. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I'm 6' tall and I've never had a problem with having enough fabric left for a 5cm (2") cuff and I still end up with a couple of inches in fabric offcuts.

Therefore, I could be wrong, but I'd suspect that most OTR trousers with unfinished legs should have just enough fabric to accommodate you (although, of course, you may well have a considerably longer inseam than me, as people of similar height can have different inseam lengths).

With regard to OTR trousers with side-adjusters, however, I think that you'll largely be out of luck.

I've seen the occasional model from RL Polo/RL Black Label/RL Purple Label with side adjusters and you might be able to pick up a reasonably affordable, new-with-tags pair on eBay or somewhere similar.

Otherwise, some British stores such as Cordings or Pakeman, Catto and Carter do sell trousers with side-adjusters:

http://www.pakeman.co.uk/category/167/Flannel_Trousers

http://www.cordings.co.uk/menswear/trousers

15. joiji

joiji Senior member

16. thebrownman

Yes, JM - unfortunately I need a longer inseam length. I've got long legs, and wear my trousers relatively high, too, all my trousers with cuffs are too short.

HC - that sounds awesome and looking forward to those :)

17. thebrownman

Yes, Rob sounds best. Measure my inseam and I promise not to go all Alan Garner on you ;)

18. fxh

fxh Senior member

I think Sid mash burn has a 37+ " inseam, unfinished.

19. Droopydog

Droopydog New Member

Hi everyone,

First time poster here and I am looking for some help regarding heel replacement (Sydney).

I have a pair from Bally and it appears that the the sole and heel are "integrated" - one piece. They have been worn quite abit - is there anyway to replace them?

Thanks in advance.

20. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

^ Do you know if the shoes is Goodyear Welted, Blake stitched or glued?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.