1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Lol I couldn't recognize them. They are shining like shells.What product did you use to shine them ?

2. fox81

fox81 Senior member

thanks, ive gone and read the old posts.

any more insight into the construction of the suits? still full canvas, even if made in thailand?

3. tayl0r

tayl0r Active Member

I am selling a brand new moncler gerard vest which I purchased to wear under my jackets. Unfortunately it is slightly to big for me.

4. Romp

Romp Senior member

Fused, half and full canvas are available. From $750, $850 and $975 respectively and helps meet most peoples needs. While im not expecting the average style forum member would want to consider a fused option, Im actually wearing my fused suit today... While i prefer the lapel roll on the canvassed options, its advantage is that its extremely lightweight and still has great shape and drape

One we get the first months fittings done ill get some photos loaded

1 person likes this.
  5. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Mine ended up being fused, but like, I probably can't tell the difference, and it's an occasional item, so I assume that's totally cool.

6. Lowly Public Servant

Lowly Public Servant Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in this, though I do need to wait until I get a new job.

7. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

Full canvas from $975 is great. Any estimates on costs of extra pair of pants?

Also, this is a broader question to anyone, is there any advantages of half canvas over full canvas?

8. Romp

Romp Senior member

I was a skeptic until patrick gave me this one

Pants individually i think are 295 but will confirm when i get home

9. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Fair warning: this is SW&D related...
    I took my new Noir 001 Stonewashed jeans (Up There Store's house brand) out to Walwa this weekend to break them in. I'm extremely happy with them, and they finally ended my quest for some quality selfedge, washed denim in a slim straight fit to wear when I am out in the country.

When I decided to order a pair, the guys from Up There Store simply sent a pair of their standard indigo raw 001 denim over to their Melbourne based stonewasher, which I thought was kind of cool. They came back a few days later.Thus they come with all the standard raw denim features. The fabric is really interesting to look at - the heathered stonewashing has a lot of interesting folds/creasemarks in the colour. They are a really vivid shade of blue, much more vivid than a standard stonewash. The colour doesn't come out as much in the pictures since these were taken in overcast conditions. They are just taken with an iPad and really don't do them justice.

Anyway, this is all a long winded way of saying that they do indeed stand out from a pair of Levis 501s, which is something I was kinda worried about. I never thought I'd wax lyrical about a pair of stonewashed denim, but these are really nice. They even garnered a few compliments from the fam, which is kinda rare for stonewashed denim I imagine.

Not sure I would've bought them at full retail (that's more to do with my general dislike of paying a lot for denim than anything else), but I had a $225 gift certificate that I hadn't used in 2 years, so I figured this was a good time to finally get some use out of it.

They are 15.5 oz, so not exactly a light summer weight, but they feel a hell of a lot lighter and more breatheable, even, than raw denim. Might get them hemmed once Up There Store gets their chain stitching machine game in order.

Anyway, it's good to see an Australian store turning out some quality product.

http://www.uptherestore.com/brand/noir

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  10. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Yes as a Government contractor I have gone from the endangered species list to extinction if the current climate is maintained.

11. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

Worse comes to worse join the rest of the Spiv's here on the Gold Coast....

12. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Been visiting these forums a lot lately so I thought I'd pop in here and say Hi.

I'm Foxy, I'm a 19yo Comp. Science Student from Melbourne, and I enjoy injecting all my hard earned cash into my Wardrobe. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and first dates which involve watching American Psycho.

13. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

It sounds like a staple item that will serve its intended purpose very well.

14. Romp

Romp Senior member

hope you use a 7gauge 100cc syringe! :)

welcome

15. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Michael,

Are we still doing the mass order from Exquisite Trimmings for Saphir products?

16. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

I believe that 20% off deal ended today/yesterday, might have missed it.

17. Romp

Romp Senior member

Please go to josephs and try these on and then look up prices on your phone while still in the store lol

18. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Josephs is the place to go if you would like to be humiliated . These guys are cunts.

19. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Ahhh

20. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

On a separate note: Sydney meetup round 2:

18 April (Thursday)
    630pm onwards
    Some place in the CBD

who's in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.