Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Michael I don't think you will have a problem with the sleeve being too short if you are a short coat. Shoulder width plays a part in total sleeve length as well. Anyway nothing beats trying on so you can see when yours arrives tomorrow. FWIW I added 3cm to the standard sleeve length of my makers (admittedly italian) sizing. MJ Bale also have very long sleeves as standard, even slightly too long for me at 6"2.

2. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

Haha I noticed the same thing immediately. These are my favourites:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. eightace

eightace Senior member

Right, so on the weekend I went to Melbourne, and while there I followed up the lead I had found (and mentioned a couple of hundred pages ago) regarding a stockist for George Cleverley shoes. The Australian stockist is listed as a shop called Double Monk, at 53 Smith St Collingwood.

Well, I had a wander along Smith St yesterday, and at number 53 there is indeed a shop being fitted out. I couldn't see in exactly, as they had paper screens covering the windows, however, the motif on the paper screens did indeed suggest a shoe shop. Now this was a bit frustrating, I was intrigued, so I thought "bugger it, it's only Collingwood," and I pushed my face up against the glass to try and get a glimpse of the inside of the shop. And indeed, my efforts were well rewarded, as stacked high on the shelves that were just visible between sheets of paper were boxes and boxes of Crockett & Jones. There were also many flash-looking green-coloured boxes with a name I couldn't read.

I went home and emailed them. And here's the news - they're hoping to open next Tuesday.

I'm back in Sydney now, but I can easily imagine that there might be some Melbournites at 53 Smith St Collingwood at 9:00a.m. next Tuesday morning. If so, do let us know how it all is.

Cheers,

Eightace

4. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

PWOAH, the stuff of nightmares. So big!

5. DartagnanRed

Check out the lapels on this puppy:

[​IMG]

6. DartagnanRed

I have made this page alot nicer and added a bit of information. Does anyone know how to make the columns and rows the same width?

7. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Christ on a bike is that something that escaped the 70's or is this an emerging fashion?

Last night tired to score this at Sportscraft http://www.sportscraft.com.au/jackets/wendell-hounds-tooth-jacket/w1/i15793482_1001508/ at $209 quite reasonable

So I pick my size 120 and head to the check out and the jacket in the shopping bag is a size 92 WTF? So I go back and all the 120 are now gone. Merde!

8. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Is it just me, or is there about 6 clothing brands involved in Click Frenzy?

9. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Really like the look of this actually....might have to take a visit to the Melbourne store. Just out of curiosity (not really sure I am in the market for a new suit yet unfortunately) does this qualify for the 2 for $1000 deal (apologies if this has already been answered)?

Though it could be great for summer....
    [​IMG]

Who watches the watchman?...

New comers (and others like me) ask (sometimes annoying or unclear) questions, this is a place to share information. Sometimes the limitation of the search function make it difficult to get an answer (or you are looking for a more up to date one). If a question is too open ended, ask for more information, or do not reply, but it is nice to visit this thread and find an inviting atmosphere (leave your socks at the door, fxh...oh, sorry, could not resist, I am a simply man with simple pleasures).

CD, really glad you enjoyed the experience, the suit sounds great and nothing beats a good pink shirt.

http://linenforsummertweedforwinter...-a-pink-shirt-on-days-youre-hung-over-or-just

10. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

I live nearbyish, will check it out.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012

11. thebrownman

I like wide lapels, just not bulbous full windsor knots. Asymmetry in a knot for me, please :)

12. thebrownman

Yeah, a soft pink shirt can work wonders for a tired complexion.

13. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Or bring out the beauty of a moustache?

14. thebrownman

HAHA - I'm wearing a lilac shirt today and three women have said, "PWOAH, the mo looks huge!"

It's likely not a compliment, but I'll take it as one.

15. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Gentlemen, wrong place to post this, but who cares.

Do these Nudie Jeans look fake?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271103736216?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Selling for about 40-50% of RRP. No pictures of inside the jeans. No Authenticity stamp. Dodgy Asian English. Seller has the name 'qingyinsun'. 2 people out of 192 have said their fake. Even if they were making $20 on each pair, I don't think you can buy authentic Nudie Jeans in any Asian country for $40.

However, 189 people have put 'great feedback'.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.