1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Yes, my three followers and I would love to have you appear in the blog.

To be honest, I'm still getting used to photographing people but I'm slowly getting there. Once I get more comfortable with photographing people, you'll start seeing them appear on the blog. Stay tuned ...

2. jmills

jmills Senior member

Somehow I ended up with Herringbone as a follower recently, now if only I could use that to my advantage...

3. smeggett

smeggett Senior member

Iniital upload was for some reason - now fixed.

4. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Very nice, good choice.

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Yes, indeed. A lovely watch and it looks very classic, unlike some of Zenith's recent models that have a bit too much going on for my taste.

6. Romp

Romp Senior member

v.nice piece
    Cuffs are stitched on the out and inseams and along the hemline ... do you have enough fabric for a cuff? 4-5cm is my preferred width.

7. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

Has anyone used these guys?:

http://www.mycoathangers.com.au/

I meant to order some suit hangers from Le Noued Papillon while they were on sale but forgot, can't really afford them at full price.

8. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Have you had a look at Mei & Picchi?

They're in Helen St in Newstead. I can't remember their pricing, but I picked up a lot of hangers from them a few years back for very, very reasonable prices and they were excellent quality. They have different ranges available for different prices, so it's definitely worth having a look there before ordering online.

Edited to add: I just had a look at the "mycoathangers" website and they are pretty damned cheap, especially for trouser hangers.

I might have to pick up a set but it look as though the minimum order is for 25 trouser hangers - is anyone else in Brisbane interested in sharing an order?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  9. Romp

Romp Senior member

wow that looks cheap!

but i cant seem to find suit coat hangers i.e. with full bodied shoulder rather than thin and flat

edit: found these

Look OK - i might try 5 .. but the rest of my hangers are black lacquer which i cant find in a curve shoulder option?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  10. Romp

Romp Senior member

Pretty excited Suit Shop is having its soft launch next week in Melbourne and looks like a lot of the booking slots have been filled! Let me know or enquire here if you'd like Matt to book you in over coming weeks. We may also have the Sydney option open sooner rather than later [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Rob, you should have a launch party or trunk show, we Melbourne members love a free drink a chance to meet up, discuss sartorial matters and view new products. Looking forward to hearing people's experiences. I think there is a gap in the market for Suit Shop to fill nicely. On a personal note, I can speak very highly of the customer services Rob provides (via O&J). Congratulations Rob, Matt et al and good luck.

12. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

I concur!

13. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

I should've just concurred ...

14. smeggett

smeggett Senior member

Thanks for the feedback gents - my aim was to get something in a 'classic' styling and I was quite drawn to the symmetry of this particular watch. It has an elegance about it which applealed much more than any other watches in the range.

Interesting point JM - I was looking at some of the styles with the window through to the mechanics on the front face (the tourbillon ones do this as well) and whilst interesting to look at for a few seconds, I find it really detracts from the overall experience and just makes the watch face look messy.

15. Romp

Romp Senior member

good idea - we have some pretty cool events planned for later this year and no doubt you will all hear about it :)

16. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

A big +1 to this. I've had nothing but good customer service from Rob (via O&J) and based on that, I have every expectation that this new venture will do very well.

I do hope you have some sort of a launch event - if nothing else, then for the Melbourne people to see you face to face. Hell, even just come down for a drink [​IMG]

17. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Agree with this. Sounds like a great opportunity to exploit this gap.

Good luck guys.

18. Romp

Romp Senior member

Thanks guys very kind - and yes we hope to have regular events :)

19. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

Ralph Lauren sale. I am not sure about the start date (open Good Friday?). Looks like the guys over at Oroton are trying to extract as much as they can out of the Ralph Lauren label before they have to hand back the license.

20. lennier

lennier Senior member

+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.