• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgo

Reaction score

Ralph takes back his licence from Oroton Group

That long? I was hoping Ralph to take over sooner....the choice of stuff here even in Sydney is really crap. Why only Collin St have the RLBL suiting range for example

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It just depends how your fat was distributed. Mine was mostly around my stomach so when I lost around 20kg, I went from a size 40 to a size 38. My shoulder circumference went down by 2 inches but my waist went from 38" to 30".

Seems you've built the proportions of an Adonis, Gerry! :slayer:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tassel loafers link, Pink Socks.

I just received an email from Leather Soul advising that they have an 8-10 month wait time for Alden tassel loafers! Going to be buying from elsewhere it seems.

John Appleseed

Reaction score
it is quite surprising that Hayel did not warn you about downsizing by that much. I've gone to Hayel for so many years and the very first lesson he taught me was to buy suit with the right shoulder fit....everything else is adjustable. Perhaps you were giving him the impression that you are very keen to keep the jacket and downsize?

Yes, I did. I paid $2.5k for a Tux that even Cutler was complementing me on and only got to wear it once. Goddamn shame.

And just for the record, unlike Shane over at Rochefort, I actually like Hayel and his son - they do good work (expensive but good).

In the end, the tux fit very well except one problem - it did not sit flat across the chest (see picture below). Hayel said it was due to the canvassing rolling up, and nothing could be done about it. I might take it to Bijan on O'Connell street just to get a second opinion. I am $3k in, might as well see if I can finish it.

John Appleseed

Reaction score
That long? I was hoping Ralph to take over sooner....the choice of stuff here even in Sydney is really crap. Why only Collin St have the RLBL suiting range for example

Hey, I am in Sydney and I order my RLBL suits through the QVB store in the city. You need to know what you want, and they will transfer it from the Collin St store. You are still entitled to the 14 day refund / 30 day exchange policy if it is no good.

cgo

Reaction score

Hey, I am in Sydney and I order my RLBL suits through the QVB store in the city. You need to know what you want, and they will transfer it from the Collin St store. You are still entitled to the 14 day refund / 30 day exchange policy if it is no good. 

Thanks

Yeah I am aware that we can do that but i'd rather see the item and all the lines available here. Just scored a short cargo pants today from their 50% off RLBL sale at Chatswood.

Hayel might be more expensive but he certainly is worth every cent. I dont think i've got any garment that he has not touched one way or another. RLBL is the closest OTR clothing for me but I would need a 36S for the jacket to fit perfectly. AUstralia only have regular and not Shorts so I had to once ordered a 36S Navy suit from the US online store and forwarded through those forwarding companies. All my other 36R suits were shorten by Hayel

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RLBL is the closest OTR clothing for me but I would need a 36S for the jacket to fit perfectly. AUstralia only have regular and not Shorts so I had to once ordered a 36S Navy suit from the US online store and forwarded through those forwarding companies. All my other 36R suits were shorten by Hayel
How short do you have to be to get a 36S instead of an R?

Surely the difference is marginal?

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
It's not entirely height related. Many people wear a long or short when they are average height due to their body proportions.

My understanding is that jackets, traditionally, are meant to cover your seat. I can imagine 2 inches or so either way would make a large impact.

cgo

Reaction score

How short do you have to be to get a 36S instead of an R?

Surely the difference is marginal?

I am 177cm tall however i like my jacket to be about 28.5" boc. While people would say traditionally the back flap should cover the bum area completely, I like it just a tad higher. Sleeve length also perfect for me (not that it is too much of an issue to get 36R shorten on the sleeve)

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the end, the tux fit very well except one problem - it did not sit flat across the chest (see picture below). Hayel said it was due to the canvassing rolling up, and nothing could be done about it. I might take it to Bijan on O'Connell street just to get a second opinion. I am $3k in, might as well see if I can finish it.

you're in good hands with Bijan. he knows what he's doing.

elvish

Reaction score
does anyone know where you can get actual drop 8 suits. RLBL are now 7.
without doing MTM - I struggle to find a suit with 40 chest and 32 waist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads