1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Blue and green should never be seen - nicely disproven!

1 person likes this.
  2. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'm not sure of the retail price, just that they'll be 30% off. Gerry has one from there so perhaps if you pm him and ask very nicely he'll let you know. Though I dare say there is a few different price points. I'll ask Richard tonight though in any case.

3. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Exactly.

Haven't heard of this one, I confess. Been toying with a particular blue-and-green combination for a while.

4. Romp

Romp Senior member

Unless its BLACKWATCH :)
    Yeah compare price vs Fox own website too wehre you can just order any combo you want... which reminds me i want a new one with solid wood, my stemmed one not cutting it

5. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

I was brought up with that axiom! Probably the reason why my hand quavers a bit when I reach for the green grenadine...

Thank you.

6. fxh

fxh Senior member

I notice she was in administration just a few years ago then has skipped to NYC after not paying rent in Melbourne. A lot of these people are good at playing the victim and getting publicity for free.

7. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Very encouraging thanks for the reply, and looking sharp as always good sir!

8. fxh

fxh Senior member

I was told it was "Blue and Green should never be seen without a colour in between"
    And it referred to dark or navy blue not light blue which might be conveniently classified as a dull white for these purposes. And anyway a tie is just a vertical small stripe. Green shirt /blue jacket - no - green jacket/blue trousers no - . Soft green M 65 and blue jeans yes maybe.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  9. Gerry Nelson

Right - it's no wonder they call you the Yoda of SF.

10. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

"...but the sky is blue and the trees are green..."

[​IMG]

With thanks to Romp...

11. Prince of Paisley

Only his grammar much better is.

12. Henry Carter

Well yeah do that but in the spirit of the event we are trying to encourage people to come in to the shop, and be able to see and feel them themselves before buying, at a great discount for the night.

I'll report back but I dare say at 30% off they will be cheaper than the online options, Fox included, with no shipping costs and no wait time. Richard has about 40 different combos in store, all iGent friendly so you should be able to find something you like.

And I think in this day and age where we go on about having no where to find all this rare stuff in Australia (like Fox umbrella's) that us picky bastards want, we should be supporting the retailers who take the risk to stock it at a B&M level.

13. fxh

fxh Senior member

Gerry - I assume thats a compliment - not being a Tolkien or Star Wars ? whatever it is aficionado.

Actually I pretty much don't like any green at all anywhere with clothing. I don't have any - except maybe a tiny bit in a couple of paisley ties and one very nice dull green and burgundy broad striped cashmere and silk Borelli tie.

Maybe its a personal quirk but I rarely see it looking good or in a situation where there would not have been an easier and much better choice.

Mind you I did once have a deep bright green flannel DB suit. My excuse was I got it in NYC and somehow thought I was a Soul Bro or about to be asked to join the Tempations or something.

14. fxh

fxh Senior member

I don't think this counts.
    He's clearly just got out of bed with his pyjama pants on and just got into his slippers without socks and grabbed a jacket to sling on while he went out to pick up the paper from front lawn

15. Prince of Paisley

16. fox81

fox81 Senior member

I think the solid stick ones are ballpark $400 at full price. 30% is a great discount

In other news, double monk on smith st collingwood is having a polishing night tomorrow night as part of the "meet the maker" weekend. 8-9pm. walking around smith st after 9pm and you too could meet your maker :)

details
    http://www.meetthemakers.net.au/

17. Gerry Nelson

Yes, I'm really looking forward to it!

18. Henry Carter

Ok guys the official word from Ludlows is that the Fox Umbrella's will range from about $115 to $275 give or take with the 30% discount depending on the models of course.

This will be only on the night, in-store at the trunk show.

If anyone wants any exact info on any of the models in the photo I posted, then feel free to email Richard or Fabiola at the store and they will endevour to get back to you asap. info@ludlows.com.au.

Ta
    Jason

19. Henry Carter

It's all happening down at Parliament House!

20. Romp

Romp Senior member

aww fxh dont give all my style tips away

but for the record i dont wear pants to bed [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.