1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Spoke with Tommy this morning and he's on an 'extended online sabbatical', he didn't mention when he'd be back online and I didn't ask.

EXCELLENT write up, PS. And, Gezza, I'm going to need an extra pair of sunglasses on to deal with the reflection of your shiny shoes. Here's hoping that for the sake of my long-term eye health you wear suede! I hope to make it along, have every intention of coming but haven't been feeling too well of late.

Besides GN and PS, who else is coming along?

2. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Can't make it tomorrow, but am looking forward to the HC show.

Christian should design some shoes that are lined with sewn-in socks. That will keep everyone happy.

3. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Nice package from France waiting for me when I got home tonight...

[​IMG]

Four sample 2ml spray bottles from MFK. About $15 shipped. That's me sorted for a little while, at least until the Histoire de Parfums sample set arrives.

4. Romp

Romp Senior member

Yup I saw it twice ;)

5. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Don't worry, I'll be wearing a bunch of Aussie menswear including Kimber boots :)

6. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

For anyone that's on the waiting list I'll finally be getting the new grenadines in tomorrow. They tried to deliver today but of course it was in the 30 mins my wife went out for a coffee....

If your one of those you'll get a pm/email anyway but just a heads up. For those that don't know but are interested we'll be getting 5 colours in black, navy, maroon, chocolate and forest green. All 7 fold, self tipped and lightly lined @ 99.95. The weave I've called the bambino weave, it's a smaller more formal weave than the grossa, probably closest to the fina weave. Pics will follow tomorrow night anyway.

7. sliq

sliq Senior member

charles tyrwhitt coats have had a good wrap on SF.

i have a single breasted wool overcoat that is snug fitting (good for when i DON'T wear a suit) as it allows me to fit a cardigan beneath, and a double breasted 100% cashmere overcoat that I picked up from an op shop (perfect for my wardrobe which is vastly single breasted suits). it barely sees the light of day but it's good for days when you really need.

8. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

I have a navy peacoat, a dark beige or "caramel" mac, and an olive green duffel coat. It's too hot to think about wearing any of them. Peace.

EDIT: I also have a navy mac. Peace, again.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  9. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

I want to get a pair of CK's tassel loafers have him sign the bottom of one.

10. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

I'll be there... albeit 'Kimberless' (hoping to rectify that asap!)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  11. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Brothers in feet. Just hope you do not get too many people coming up to and saying "Are you that Pink Socks fellow? I've got a bone to pick with you."

I know, JM, but needs must.

It is not quantity, it is quality.

Yes, at least if GN has to wear suede it is one less way for him to show me up.

(Also regarding hespokeshespoke - interesting for someone who works as a social media expert to take an online sabbatical. Not that there is any issue with that nor have I noticed he has been gone too long.

Sorry about that, you poor man.

Look forward to the detail Mr Nice Guy. Was also tempted to wear Australian Members thread official tie by Henry Carter.

Strange question and possibly too early but with the Trunk Show do we purchase for you in advance for items we know we want (some gloves and a grenadine for me) and collect on the night, to ensure we get what we want (and buy more on the night if we wish)?

12. wishiwasricher

wishiwasricher Senior member

Sounds great jas. I've been holding off on anoter round of ties until th new ones came!

13. wishiwasricher

wishiwasricher Senior member

And holding off spelling lessons too. Damn iPhone.

14. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Either or. If its something you definitely want to secure before the show but don't want to pay shipping then you can pm for a free shipping code and I will bring them along.

But.... It's important to Note that shipping is only $7 and the SF 10% discount won't apply that night, because your buying off Ludlows technically not me, even though I'm there of course. It's also important to note that apart from the new grenadines and some new Irish linen PS's, no more of the new stuff will go up on the site before the night, which is about 95% of the new stuff for winter.

So, for stuff that's on the site already, then you'll get ahead buying it online with the discount and me shipping it, but for every thing else that being released its best to come to the show if you can (all new stuff will go up after the show). And you can have a few glasses of free plonk to make up for not having the discount anyway :)

15. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Thanks Jas, sounds great. I will make a decision once the grenadines are online. Might both pre order and buy on the night.

16. Romp

Romp Senior member

We just loaded a splash page for suitshop.com.au

Let me know if it looks funny on anyone's screen. Hard scaling it for the range of devices these days!

17. absinthe23

absinthe23 Member

thanks PapaRubbery,

I've been tossing up between the Sienna/Lazio/Washignton, and want a slim fit however the Washignton not keen on the high lapel.

Would you say the Sienna is still enough a slim fit - the upper waist is about 1.2" larger then the Washignton and La Spalla at 38.2 compared to 37.

My current is a Boss James/Sharp2 which is a nice slim fit at 40L with a bit of tailoring - i'm 6"3 and ~90kgs so looking at the measurements look like 40L is also the way to go.

Is the Sienna worth the extra compared to the Lazio for the 130's?

18. Gerry Nelson

Looks good in Chrome on Vista.

19. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

20. Gerry Nelson

I'm planning on wearing them to the trunk show, not tomorrow night so I should be safe [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.