1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absinthe23

absinthe23 Member

hi guys, I've had a search through the website, but struggling to find anyone in Aus who has ordered a suit from suitsupply...

Is there anyone out there who has and can provide feedback to shipping time, and quality of the cut and fit, or maybe a link if i've missed it?

I've sent through an email to them a week ago and haven't received any response so right now they aren't making the best impression from the get go, but the suits look reasonable and looking for some alternatives.

2. tailoredstuff

tailoredstuff Well-Known Member

That's the one! Thanks guys :)

The width (3.25) is actually isn't too bad but I guess everyone has their own preference. What I really like is the light lining.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  3. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

A soft minimal shoulder would probably be as close to PJ's then. Good to know, thanks! Any chance of patch pockets?

I know what you mean about the ultimate travel jacket. I picked up a completely deconstructed, unlined sports coat from suit supply. Ultra soft, patch pockets, navy. It's my go to jacket now. Especially when travelling.

I own a sports coat, a lazio, a sienna and a napoli from SS. In terms of cut/fit it goes, in order of tight to loose: Washington -> Copenhagen -> Havana/La Spalla -> Sienna/Roma -> Lazio -> Napoli

Free shipping when you order over $500, free returns where the UPS driver comes to your house and picks it up for you, at a time convenient for you. Refunds are processed within about 5-10 days. Should get here within about 3 business days.

I think that the Sienna is the sweet spot in terms of cut, cloth, level of hand finished details, and price. La Spalla is their top end, and it's a great suit, but it's $1000, and the Sienna is $600, and I'm not convinced the differences are worth it. Everything else is $469.

4. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

:violin:

5. Romp

Romp Senior member

Yeah patch, flap, jet, slant all available!

6. sliq

sliq Senior member

i have 2 washington suits. fortunately i'm quite lean with a slight muscular build so it fits quite well. the sleeves are quite long as it is (i have long arms so it's no problem), and they come with functional button holes, so make sure you check the lengths. avoid the sevilla - it's fused. as paparubbery has stated, washington is slimmest and napoli is the most generously cut. the la spalla are fully canvassed and tend to be high super 100's so they shouldn't be bought as a daily worn suit. great value suits. i'd rate them alongside MJ Bale.

7. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

My experience with Zegna is up until about 2011.

The Zegna Milano block (if it still is around since I last checked), is a contemporary classic. Mainline fabrics are always excellent, and the construction is of high quality (albeit machine made). Depending on the block, they have a varying amounts of padding.The Zegna silhouette, especially around the lower chest to the waist, to me is fantastic, although not as trendy as many here prefer. For my taste, they are certainly a better suit than most of the RTW, MTM lines and even Bespoke options often discussed here.

However, Zegna mainline is overpriced as compared to a brand like Isaia. Additionally, Zegna are becoming ever more a fashion label, removing supply to small stores that carried them when they were little known in Australia. They seem to be abandoning their core values, and little is made in Italy any more. I don't think I'll buy Zegna products in the near future, as you can probably find better quality products for less and still made in Italy (if that is important to you).

8. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

Not having access to Harrisons / Minis / Lesser / smith woolens / W Bill ect. is just somewhat limiting in terms of options (If I don't want the Dugdale option I'm in trouble re: English style fabrics) that puts me off PJT. I'd have to decided on exactly what I want next before I could give you exact cloth details... Also Canberra winters re: the last part.

9. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Rob

As your greatest friend on this forum, I have to say that I am very skeptical. Who trusts people that work in finance anyway?

Perhaps you can do a trial run on me and then I could write a review for DB who is potentially your biggest client?

10. Romp

Romp Senior member

Ha ha very funny!

11. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

Thanks for that Fred! Like many brands it appears Zegna may have dropped off quality control due to increased Market presence.

All it does is hurt the brand. Guess the masses don't mind, can't tell a thang!

12. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

It'll be an honour to be Robs biggest client...

As for the title of Robs biggest stalker, that goes to you Michael Sy.....

Furthermore let me get this straight, you want to be Robs muse. Who do you think you are Twiggy?Jane Birkin? And heaven forbid Didier Cohen off that woeful program you hold dearly to your precious heart.

13. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Back to work after a nice long weekend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not too taken on the square fold today -

Coat: Herringbone Sydney
    Shirt: Henry Carter
    Tie: Henry Carter red knit w/ navy dots
    PS: Random from Japan
    Trousers: MBT
    Shoes: Carmina Burgundy derby

14. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Now that I have met Michael in person, this is even funnier.

15. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

hahah so true - i ran into mike yesterday actually, small world.

btw nabil - what watch were you wearing on fri night, i didn't get a proper look.

16. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Nice one, Jason!

Today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suit: Benjamin by ehaberdasher
    Shirt: Borrelli
    Tie: High Tied black knit
    PS: Kent Wang white linen
    Shoes: Crockett and Jones Connaught

17. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Simple, easy to read piece: http://www.details.com/blogs/daily-details/2013/02/rules-of-style-ovadia-sons.html

I've been keeping an eye out for the Ovadia brothers have been rather for a while now. I've been a fan of their sense of style - which isn't conservative, but stays safely away from peacock-ing, IMHO.

Of course, there are bound to be people who will inevitably disagre; that's the backbone of discourse.

18. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

I think it was the 16610 sub, on a black NATO strap.

19. sliq

sliq Senior member

I have a few of their ties I'm looking at unloading if you're keen!

20. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

No harm looking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.