1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Today - my take on the California Tuxedob featuring an O&J chambray popover and lapel flower:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nicholas D C

Nicholas D C Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Peekaboo

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Romp

Romp Senior member

Lol he said nutsack

Yeah as a few have indicated we have a new mtm suit venture with a soft launch for early April in Melbourne.

Pricing will start at $750 with a great cloth selection all the way through the loro piana and ariston books. Matt who some of you may already know having trained at PJT will be our first tailor on the ground doing fittings and we will be operating on a travelling tailor basis. Once we have your pattern dialled your future ordering process will be a breeze.

I'll release more info after launch but if anyone from Melbourne is interested feel free to send me a pm with your email and phone number so we can call you for a fitting in April.

2 people like this.
  4. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Hell. Yes.

So is the plan to do fittings and the like in hotel rooms, like the international travelling tailors? Or within a PJ store?

When is the expected launch?

Sorry for all the questions. There are more but I deleted them. Super excited for this.

$750 is a very reasonable price point!

5. Romp

Romp Senior member

Thanks. At the start the idea is to keep the overheads low to pass the savings on so we will fit at home or office until we get volumes to a point to justify our own office.

1 person likes this.
  6. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

The first Sydney meet was excellent. Nabil and G-banger were great to talk to. Both looked brilliant too.

Shame that Rob was stuck at home having to lactate all night.

7. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

Apart from Nabil and G Banger how was the eye candy?

8. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

We went to a pub next door! Tios had a line, and it would have been hard having conversation in there.

Nabil thought I would be older. Said with a frown as well. :).

Oh, to answer your question.......I was fixated on Nabil's pocket square......but Surry Hills always has distractions. Probably not quite the same as the Sunset Strip, where the less you wear, the better it is.

9. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

Will you be offering just pants tailoring?

10. Romp

Romp Senior member

S
    sorry guys was at work till late

11. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

All good mate. Next time PoP, Jaypee, DR, PetePan, Nick DC and yourself should come along.

12. dg626

dg626 Member

*I'm a newbie so hopefully this post makes it to forum before the sale is over*

Regarding Libertine Parfumerie sale, i went and had a look this morning. In my opinion, it wasn't that great, so any fragrance lovers from other states that are dissapointed for missing out shouldnt be too upset. But others may disagree.

I was really hoping to score some Creed Fragrances, especially restock aventus and MI. But all that was there was Virgin Island Water for $150 (because it had damaged box). Just letting you know it didn't meet the promised "minimum 50% off" as the normal price is $260. Not complaining though, still decent price. Anyways, was tempted to purchase it, but because summer is nearly over, didn't get it. However, if any bris guys are interested, there were two bottles of VIW when i was there. No other customers were in the store, so should be there even if you head in now.

Was hoping for lubin idole, but that too was missing. But there were a couple of other lubin fragrances. Few amorague fragrances too (i think ladies?), but i'm not too familiar so didnt have too much of a look.

Overall, quite a few ladies fragrances, not too many for the gents. Prices were good compared to normal, but thought it would be better considering the ad. Maybe there were few gems on thurs and friday. However, no traffic on Saturday morning, so not sure how busy it was on the previous two days. But if you are in Brisbane, check it out, you may have better luck than me.

13. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Great minimalist look what brand?

14. Nicholas D C

Nicholas D C Well-Known Member

It's a Junghans max bill :)

15. Gerry Nelson

Junghans but I'm not sure which model.

16. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Nice loafers Gerry, what are they? And good on you for bucking the trend & wearing socks with them.

17. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

no socks + loafers = sexy ankles

18. Gerry Nelson

Carmina on the Simpson last.I just can't do the whole 'no socks' thing - the most I'd wear is 'no show' socks like this:

[​IMG]

(courtesy of GW: http://instagram.com/p/Wc7LJpwd64/)

19. Gerry Nelson

Need to update your sig, dude. Still shows your shirt for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.