1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romp

Romp Senior member

bwhahahahh [​IMG]

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I can only say that Jamison has responded to my e-mails or PMs promptly in the past. Then again, I haven't purchased anything from HY in a while and looking at the thread, it does seem that he is taking some time to respond at present. It's unfortunate that he wasn't able to respond to your query promptly.

However, it's worth noting that the availability or otherwise for an item is clearly indicated on the page for that item - if the size isn't listed as available in the drop-down box on the page, then it's not available.

Similarly, the price is clearly noted on the page for the item, and I don't think that Jamison is the type to bargain as his prices are very fair for the quality of the items and a lot of his things tend to sell out so there is little need for him to discount his prices much.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Hmmm... That tie knot almost looks indecent, for some reason. Just as well it's not a pink tie.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  4. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

^That's not his tie thankfully (or else I would've been scarred from giving advice to anyone); though that is what the knot is 'eldredge' knot :p

5. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

For a moment, I was afraid I was the only one who thought so.

6. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The DHL fairy just bought this seasons Scottish Cashmere scarves and smart gloves this morning! Pics to come tonight, they look sweet.

7. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

When did Carmen Miranda join this forum? Seriously people wear that knot and think their hip?:bounce2:

8. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

I was watching the patrick johnson interview where he talks about the navy cotton suit being a wardrobe staple. Makes sense - cotton is cooler in summer, takes to dye better and is more flexible than wool (can be dressed up or down etc). Would cotton be acceptable in an Australian business/work environment though or would nobody know the difference?

9. Henry Carter

It's a 6th suit, not a first if that make sense. I've had a few in my time, and most of them don't breath that great being honest, and they still wrinkle like buggery. The bugger with them, is the wrinkles set in and need to be pressed out where as with a lighter wool it might wrinkle, but they generally fall out overnight. If doing a summer suit other than wool, i'd be going linen over cotton generally. In short, it's not generally lawyer appropriate if that's what you're wondering. I'm sure there's exceptions though.

10. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Cotton ain't cooler than (tropical) wool.

11. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

Strongly disagree.

As Jason mentions, its not cool if you're using the right books. It migh take to die better but it also fades (badly). It may be more flexible than say traditional worsted books but you can certainly find books with this level of flexibility.

Often a questionable choice.

This is pretty much my experience. I'd also consider one of the more matte mohair blends.

12. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Cotton doesn't hold a crease well down the trouser leg, and yet creases substantially in other areas. It would be annoying to maintain if it was a "staple" suit.

13. jmills

jmills Senior member

I've lost my white linen pocket square! I'm wondering if anyone here has suggestions for a quick replacement - possibly an obscure domestic source? The local brick and mortars just have cotton hanks, and it seems like PJ's has sold out of white linen. I know Kent Wang sells them, but they will still take a week to get here. Any suggestions?

14. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

PS noticed you've changed your name Charlie, I mean Henry... er Jason ;-)

15. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

[​IMG]

16. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Recently Jan from Solosso sent me a sample of their new white linen PS.

Shipped here in less than a week. The linen is alright - I suspect Indian linen. But hand-rolled edges, and a decent feel. Cheap, too. Let me dig up his thread for you.

Update: I don't know where his thread went. I'll PM him.

17. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

18. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/21850_50#post_5915478

Answered this previously and stand by it. Henry Bucks. $10.

http://www.henrybucks.com.au/store/Prostate-Cancer-Handkerchief.htm

19. Henry Carter

Yeah I finally caved from being called Charlie 10 times a week on the forum. Well it is my middle name but I don't use it day to day.

20. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

So now we call you Henry? O Henry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.