• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Other option is to have them altered. If they still fit fine through the seat/hips, have small darts put in the back and the waistband nipped.

I don't really want to do that to be honest man. I'll just keep them as jeans for doing "man stuff" in, like painting fences or digging holes.

Does anyone know of Melbourne and/or Australian stockists of Baldwin denim?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone watch Dexter? I hadn't seen until three weeks ago, and I'm now up to date with the US. What a show. (I've been at home sick for a couple of weeks, so had a fair amount of time to watch TV, polish shoes, etc.)

Yep
smile.gif
Unlike something like True Blood, this one hasn't jumped the shark.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBM - Let me know if you want food/drink/coffee recommendations whilst in Sydney. Maybe certain areas you'll be around too

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBM - Let me know if you want food/drink/coffee recommendations whilst in Sydney. Maybe certain areas you'll be around too

I take it you are a Balmain Boy as well?

Last edited:

Inc Interest

Reaction score
I know that this comes from a while back but +1 for RHD in Adelaide, but this thread has been moving so fast, particularly recently (I am a serious lurker).
Andy and Akira are not just two of the nicest people to work in a shop, but just perhaps some of the most genuine people I have met ever.
Quite often if I am in that area of town I will just drop in to say hi and have a chat. As well as having excellent product and a diverse range - hands down my favourite shop in Adelaide.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Balmain boy at heart, but now over in the East (Darlo/Potts Pnt). I couldn't take the traffic any longer. You around Balmain?

Yep, Balmain born and bred.

At least you are closer to Phat Guido :), and not tempted to wander from Pub to Pub.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anywhere you can get BB button downs in Aus?

BB = Brooks Brothers?

In short, no. Brooks Brothers doesn't have a presence in Australia at all. It's easy to order from their online store, although postage is pretty expensive (US$50 the last I checked). That's not so bad if you're ordering a pair of shoes, but it's too much if all you want is a shirt and a couple of pocket squares.

Another place that sells good button-down shirts (and which fxh and myself have mentioned in the past) is Land's End. Their Hyde Park buttondowns are great, and are great value for money, too. The tailored fit is good, but the standard fit is very baggy. Once again, they don't have a retail presence in Australia but their online store is easy to use and shipping is cheaper than Brooks Brothers.

Coincidentally, some button-down collar shirts from both BB and LE button-down shirts are made in Malaysia - it would be interesting to know whether they were, in fact, made in the same factory.

Last edited:

Robert Meredith

Reaction score
BB = Brooks Brothers?
In short, no. Brooks Brothers doesn't have a presence in Australia at all. It's easy to order from their online store, although postage is pretty expensive (US$50 the last I checked). That's not so bad if you're ordering a pair of shoes, but it's too much if all you want is a shirt and a couple of pocket squares.
Another place that sells good button-down shirts (and which fxh and myself have mentioned in the past) is Land's End. Their Hyde Park buttondowns are great, and are great value for money, too. The tailored fit is good, but the standard fit is very baggy. Once again, they don't have a retail presence in Australia but their online store is easy to use and shipping is cheaper than Brooks Brothers.
Coincidentally, some button-down collar shirts from both BB and LE button-down shirts are made in Malaysia - it would be interesting to know whether they were, in fact, made in the same factory.

Yeah, I picked up 3 of the LE Hyde Park buttondowns, but even in the tailored fit they're much too big around the waist for me. I was really disappointed after reading all the good reviews and recommendations. I've got one in at the moment getting darts put in, but I'm sceptical as to whether it can come in far enough. If it's no good I'll probably return the others (or sell it on here if anyone would be interested). They do seem to be quite good quality, although they're a bit heavier than I was expecting.

Brooks Brothers have a special on at the moment, so I picked up 2 of their extra-slim fit buttondowns in a large, after the $50 postage cost me $130ish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics