1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joiji

joiji Senior member

N

Not always. A good tailor should be able to get away with at least two inches.

EDIT: Spelling, loliphone.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. Romp

Romp Senior member

Normally weight loss will be through the waist and seat so both should be taken in together but everyone loses weight differently so itd be good to check

3. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

I've been converted the PJ's RTW shirt range now. Nothing beats a Thomas Weave shirt in their 38 sizing.

4. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Hi gents,
    Anyone here use hopshopgo for mail forwarding ? I always used myus.com. They are fantastic. But shipping is a little stiff. So first time forwarded 2 packages at hopshopgo. One package was delivered yesterday 11am US time. But no update on their website. Should I be worried ? I know my us takes about 1 hr max to upload the details. Plus they use unique individual suit number for accurate identification. Hopshop don't have any suite number either. Any experience with hopshop ?anyone ?

Thanks

5. fxh

fxh Senior member

Your crutch wont get warped if you wear your undies tight and, draw your breathe in and lean back when the machine needle passes through.

6. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

OMG you mexicans are into some kinky shit:)

7. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

^^Hopshopgo take about 24 hrs to get a package onto your account after its delivered. It says this on their site somewhere. They are good for small packages, but for anything bigger and heavier I think shipito works out cheaper.

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Thanks for the info. I have forwarded 2 pairs of AE from shoe bank to them. Its over 24 hours now still package not showing on the site. Only thing I can think of if AE stores they misspelled my name or address wrong. Which is very much possible. I have spoken to 2 girls on 2 different days and both had understanding my accent. Every time I sad "A" they thought it was "I".

9. Romp

Romp Senior member

Hey guys - our SF affiliation has finally ended and want to thank all the members for the support over the past year.

However its not all sad news, we've decided to keep honouring the 10% SF discount for all orders using the SF10 code :D So do please come and check in on what we are up to from time to time.

Thanks again,
    Rob

2 people like this.
  10. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

^ Good luck Rob, I'm sure O&J will continue to grow through other avenues elsewhere.

Here's todays fit, with special thanks to Thebrownman for the new hopsack blazer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coat: Herringbone Sydney dark blue Hopsack
    Shirt: Cottonwork
    Tie: Henry Carter un-tipped 7 fold
    Trousers: Benjamin
    Shoes: Loake Blackfriars

11. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

I generally despise yellow ties, but that is gold.

1 person likes this.
  12. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

I picked up a navy hopsack 3-roll-2 with patch pockets from their Florence store for about 275 Euros. Soft shoulders, pick stitching, nice lapel roll, minimal construction. You can fold it up and sit on it for 20 minutes, without it wrinkling (yes, I've tried).

It's no longer on their website, I suspect it's a seasonal (summer) - but you'll be there just in time for the summer collection.

13. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks but it's orange! I've got a yellow one similar though.

14. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Ok, Rob - I might drop in once in awhile but only because you asked so nicely ...

By the way, how are the jeans going?

15. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Jacket looks great, Jas. It never fit me like that so I had to sell it! You wear it well :)

I'm not sure how common knowledge it is, but I used to work at Herringbone. I have a lot of their stuff. At least 50 shirts. I'm selling some in the coming days/weeks. Some of it is still new, and most of it is literally worn two-three times. Some of it is pre-Van Laack takeover days, too.

At the moment, I've got a white oxford button down, slim fit, size L, BNWT - $50. Retail was $199. PM me if you're interested.

I'll have some more jackets, chinos and full suits after I sort through what I'm keeping, what I'd like to sell and what'll go straight to charity brand new (and likely be talked about here on StyleForum when someone finds it at mystery op shops around Melbourne).

16. Prince of Paisley

Sorry yes, on my monitor it looks gold rather than yellow (poor pun attempt there in my OP.) Either way it really pops out while complementing that nice hopsack jacket.

17. Prince of Paisley

I was going to offer to buy that jacket off you a while back but I already have one similar. Nice to see it went to a good home... In fact, I think Jason did me a favour and saved me a few bucks as I was still tempted despite not needing it!

18. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Anyone else here has the waist on their shirts measured while shitting on a chair? I know it's a little strange, but I do spend about 80% of my time in a workshirt.. sitting down.

19. Prince of Paisley

No, I've asked but my tailor flat out refuses to measure me up while I'm taking a dump.

20. Romp

Romp Senior member

jeans good - tight and stiff now relaxing but fitting nicely:)
    nope - shitting on a chair is very strange indeed [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.