1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wishiwasricher

wishiwasricher Senior member

My work so it isnt really "business" but rather smart professional. i reckon i could get away with it compared with the worn out hush puppies i see on some peoples feet. As for the belts.... m goodness this upgrading your wardrobe business takes its toll on the wallet. Which by the way i need to upgrade as well.

2. deingesicht

deingesicht Senior member

Anyone have any experiences with Barker, namely Barker Black, shoes for sizing? I'm a UK9.5e/f and wanted to know if they were roughtly the same as most C&J 9.5

I'm assuming there is no place in Melbourne where I can try these on (just plain Barkers even)...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  3. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Have you tried them on yet? Was the sizing right?

4. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Right, I get you, that's sort of my environment as well. Still, I think I would opt for something simpler, not to mention cheaper and more comfortable in the warmer months, like a Loake chukka in brown.

5. Gerry Nelson

For belts, try http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/accessories/Belts for both blue and burgundy - remember, they don't need to exactly match. Just get them in the right ballpark and you'll be fine.

6. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Jeans are the freaking hardest thing to workout size and cut on the internet, out of any piece of clothing. Then shoes.

7. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

I bought Arabie, at fragrancenet.com. They have a 20% off sale across the board, which brougt the price down to $80. You can get Chergui there for around the same. Shipping is about $25, so still a big reduction from $150 at Mecca.

Sale goes until midnight 11/02 US time. If you move fast, you might still get in.

8. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

Actually I find working out people the hardest on the internet, then jeans and shoes

9. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Woohoo! Try them on soon. And wear them to death. Mine have become surprisingly soft (after almost 18 months of irregular wear).

And to add to Rob's comments - the combination of the skinny lapels, the position of the gorge, and the button stance has created that effect.

Moving the pocket is not advisable unless you have a very, very sharp eye for balance/proportion

10. Gerry Nelson

It's funny - when I first got my 3sixteens, they felt so stiff I thought I could almost stand them up by themselves. Like Nabil, I don't wear them regularly but I find they are getting softer with each wear.

11. Romp

Romp Senior member

Nah - in the mailroom here ill have to wait for dropoff !

fingers crossed they fit

Popovers - sold out in light denim chambray in small and getting low on other colours.

12. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Who are you having trouble reading DB? I can tell you what kind of person any of the regular posters are.

13. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Please start with me, thanks.

14. Romp

Romp Senior member

im too scared to ask what he thinks of me.. haha

15. Gerry Nelson

Fingers crossed for you, dude!

Where are the popovers on the site? I can't find them under "Shirts" or "All Products".

Also, when are you coming down to Melbourne? Your coffee's getting cold ...

16. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Come on Mr Sy - let's hear it...

If I recall correctly Owen and James popovers are proving so popular that they have not got around to putting them on their website yet, you just need to PM Rob. I am interested in the pink one (surprise, surprise), but would like some more pictures and details on size and price (and have put on PMing Rob as I know will mean actually buying one instead of just thinking about it).

17. Dusty Brogues

Jokes my sometimes good man! What Meerkats did you pick up?

18. Romp

Romp Senior member

Yes sorry - we are getting all our shirt range plus popovers professionally photographed hence the delay.

You can PM me for a shirt - $155 is standard price however $140 is the styleforum price shipped free..

Sizing runs the same as our existing shirts - made in New England, same pattern as Sid Mashburn. Chambray is Japanese, the other cloths are New England, USA all pre-washed for softness and pre-shrink

Popovers are cut shorter to allow you to wear tucked in or out. Full cutaway collar but with a soft non fused German interlining that allow better collar roll

Small, Medium and Large and come in light denim chambray, pink, white and pale blue.

These are the best photos I have so far
    Current fabric range

[​IMG]

Guido in the light denim chambray ...

[​IMG]

My business partner in the pale blue

[​IMG]

Me in white

[​IMG]

19. Gerry Nelson

So what it looks like is that you're just missing someone to model the pink one ... calling Pink Socks ...

20. Dusty Brogues

Becareful Gents, I think he's cheating! The results could be devastating!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.