• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried putting some pocket squares in an old cheap roger david suit i outgrew - couldn't even fit them in. Hows that for cheap?

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried putting some pocket squares in an old cheap roger david suit i outgrew - couldn't even fit them in. Hows that for cheap?

They probably assumed you wouldn't be able to afford pocket squares if you are wearing their clothing.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you unpick the stitching in the chest pocket?
smile.gif

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I popped into Ludlow's on Friday to check out the Henry Carter ties they would be selling. Unfortunately, the ties hadn't arrived yet but I did get to have a nice chat with the owner. Turns out he found out about Henry Carter via SF and checks in once in awhile although he doesn't post. They had what appeared to be a nice selection of suits, some Kent Wang and Robert Talbott handkerchiefs (linen as well as silk) and Fox umbrellas. I didn't check out prices.

Definitely recommend going in there to meet him if nothing else.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I popped into Ludlow's on Friday to check out the Henry Carter ties they would be selling. Unfortunately, the ties hadn't arrived yet but I did get to have a nice chat with the owner. Turns out he found out about Henry Carter via SF and checks in once in awhile although he doesn't post. They had what appeared to be a nice selection of suits, some Kent Wang and Robert Talbott handkerchiefs (linen as well as silk) and Fox umbrellas. I didn't check out prices.

Definitely recommend going in there to meet him if nothing else.

Yeah he is a nice guy, Richard I assume it was you met? They would have only arrived Friday or possibly Monday maybe if not.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of cotton do you guys like your shirts in?

I am a big fan of Egyptian cotton right now. So smooth and durable at the same time.

Which stores would you recommend for the Egyptian cotton shirts? Rhodes and Beckett or Val Parks, here in Sydney?

Also, for the uninitiated, what are some classic checks on working out the quality of construction in the shirt?

Last edited:

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw Joruneyman's and Wraith's views on R&B and Val Parks. Not very good. However, where else can I get Egyptian cotton shirts?

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What kind of cotton do you guys like your shirts in?

I am a big fan of Egyptian cotton right now. So smooth and durable at the same time.

Which stores would you recommend for the Egyptian cotton shirts? Rhodes and Beckett or Val Parks, here in Sydney?

Also, for the uninitiated, what are some classic checks on working out the quality of construction in the shirt?

Im skeptical of "egyptian cotton"

Its like advertising "japanese sushi" ... Generic and would have varying degrees of quality depending on the mill

If its quality you are after, stick to makers of fine cloth such as Thomas Mason and then choose the weave that you prefer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads