• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiaoli

Reaction score
The Rain last is not as tight as the Simpson, since I had to size up half in the Simpson.

Robert Meredith

Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that livingsocial.com is currently selling Charles Tyrwhitt vouchers at $25 for $50 credit or $50 for $100 credit. If you share the link and 3 other people buy it, you get yours free.

Here's my link:- https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/496444?ref=conf-jp&rpi=88002524

If you don't want to use my link (bastardo!), juts go to livingsocial.com and check it out.

Yes this post is very much self-serving.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, this is a little annoying.

A delivery from the US is currently with Australia Post and has been 'accepted by facility and is awaiting clearance for delivery'. It was last scanned at 9:03AM this morning. Odds are I won't be getting anything today, but it does suck that they receive things and wait till the next day to deliver. I shouldn't have paid for express from America, didn't make much of a difference.

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score
A pair of shoes I got from the States were held at Adelaide Airport for 2 days before being dispatched. $35 shipping of peace.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, I think I'd be happier if their responsibility only went as far as to get it here to a collection facility, and then I would go pick it up myself, and when you have an item sent, you nominate the closest facility to you. Like depots, basically. The time it takes to get from one side of Melbourne to another is sometimes longer than it takes to come on a plane from the other side of the world.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I made no sense there. I meant, it takes Australia Post just as long to transport something a few kilometres domestically as it does for the USPS planes to fly it over from the US. Anyway, first world problems.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, this is a little annoying.
A delivery from the US is currently with Australia Post and has been 'accepted by facility and is awaiting clearance for delivery'. It was last scanned at 9:03AM this morning. Odds are I won't be getting anything today, but it does suck that they receive things and wait till the next day to deliver. I shouldn't have paid for express from America, didn't make much of a difference.

DHL. it's the only way. i ordered a suit from park&bond on a Tuesday, it was delivered to me by the Friday morning. amazing service with thorough tracking.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DHL. it's the only way. i ordered a suit from park&bond on a Tuesday, it was delivered to me by the Friday morning. amazing service with thorough tracking.

I agree. DHL are solid. FedEx have a prettier tracking interface, but DHL is the fastest in my experience. I had no choice but to choose USPS with this purchase and I forked out extra money for the express service, but really, it's not all that express so it feels like a waste of money paying extra for it..

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We use DHL for our inbound shipments from Italy - ultra fast and no hassles.

We use UPS (vendor preference) from USA and its longer and more expensive.

DHL for the win

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing for Carminas:
This is from Ethan at The Armoury:
Carmina lasts
Inca - Widest last and waist for wide feet (EE width)
Rain - Like the Inca but with a chisel toe (EE width)
Soller - A boot last like Robert, fits like a double E.
Forest - Standard width with round toe (E width)
Uetam - Similar to Forest but a shade narrower (E width)
Robert - Like the Simpson but more room in the toe box (E width)
Queen - an E width, similar to Alcudia but shorter
Alcudia - Like the Simpson but with Almond toe (E width)
Simpson - Narrow with chiseled toe, extended toe box (E width)

:) Enjoy

jmills

Reaction score
So much love for DHL, but they're the only company here that forwards parcels onto Australia Post for delivery.

lennier

Reaction score
Siting near the corner of Spencer and Collins Street around 6pm tonight? Navy suit, light shirt, brown shoes and tie, yellow pocket square, beard :) Anyone?

Plestor

Reaction score
As long as it isn't boat levels of slow, does anyone actually care about the few extra days to a week in shipping?

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score
When I pay in excess of $35 for shipping only to have the item sit in a receiving facility for multiple days when I am literally 10 minutes down the road, then yes, yes I do care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads