• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Salvation Army. Or, if I'm confident I'd get/keep the job, I'd choose the Goodwill.
wink.gif
is there a Goodwill in Sydney? it keeps popping up across the forum.

Pawz

Reaction score
is there a Goodwill in Sydney? it keeps popping up across the forum.

I don't know; I was being facetious. I was somewhat poking the popularity of the thrift-store chat (such places are where the SF 1337 hang out).

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we are talking shoes I thought id try giving you guys a 24 hour head start on our new loafers.

We are working with an Australian designer called Andy Tom who has created us an exclusive pair of driving shoes in camo-suede. These are made in Italy using the finest quality suede and completely handmade. I put them next to a pair of my Tod's and the quality is pretty much identical although ours also have arch support with camo detailing.

Price = $199 until Midnight Monday 15th October and shipping is free. First in best dressed and sizing is EU39 through to EU45. PM me to secure a pair.

the detailing is great. looks on par with my tods, i must admit.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know; I was being facetious. I was somewhat poking the popularity of the thrift-store chat (such places are where the SF 1337 hang out).

shog[1].gif
for me, it started all started as a "hobby"..............................................

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
the detailing is great. looks on par with my tods, i must admit.

thanks mate and thanks to all the pre-orders. Sorry for those that missed out on sizing (Ill note that most of you guys are size 44 lol). Those that have already paid will have them sent in the morning.

They are now live on our site. I will share the plain colours etc later in the week.

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:

Spinning

Reaction score
Yay or Nay?

Cole Haan Air Adams Cap Toe Oxfords

These come in black too.

Cole Haan Air Madison Cap Toe Oxfords

Boss Black Metor Apron Toe Derby

Church's London Leather Oxfords

Spinning

Reaction score
Yay or Nay? I like the first ones there...

Cole Haan Air Adams Cap Toe Oxfords

These come in black too.

Cole Haan Air Madison Cap Toe Oxfords

Boss Black Metor Apron Toe Derby

Church's London Leather Oxfords

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok guys, in really desperate, is there ANY online site that offers shipping to Australia for the RL Denim and Supply military chinos?

I saw at the RL warehouse store at Homebush there was a huge amount of RL Denim and Supply product. There was also common sized Polo suits (38, 40, 42) and quite a few Purple Label pants. All 70% off

If you guys could go back in time, with all your years of experience, to when you got your first serious job, where would you buy your first suit?

Knowing that you aren't super rich (you haven't even started your first job), but you have years of SF experience and knowledge on what looks good and what doesn't what would you do?

Probably Herringbone depending on your body type.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
If you guys could go back in time, with all your years of experience, to when you got your first serious job, where would you buy your first suit?

Knowing that you aren't super rich (you haven't even started your first job), but you have years of SF experience and knowledge on what looks good and what doesn't what would you do?

In all honesty, just buy something you think looks good for less than $500 and wear it for a while. Or thrift something, which may well look better. Don't bother about what this forum says until you form your own sense of style which takes a while. After you've worked for six months or so, take a step up and buy something nicer using what you've learnt. Maybe you won't give a **** anymore after you see the way everyone else dresses, maybe you still will in which case you'll have a much better idea of what you want.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some suggestions on a warmer weather hooded coat that also looks decent when worn over a suit or sportscoat. The duffle coats that served me well over the colder months are just too heavy.

Right now, I'm looking at just getting a hood for my Barbour Beaufort and using that. At this point, that seems to be the most cost-effective solution.

Thoughts?

In other satorial news, I'm picking up my altered Benjamin and P Johnson suits today!

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score

I need some suggestions on a warmer weather hooded coat that also looks decent when worn over a suit or sportscoat. The duffle coats that served me well over the colder months are just too heavy.

Right now, I'm looking at just getting a hood for my Barbour Beaufort and using that. At this point, that seems to be the most cost-effective solution.

Thoughts?

If cost-effective wasn't what you were going for I'd look at something like this Mackintosh @ Epaulet

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sweet mate. Couldn't wear them in Canberra, but still sweet.

Considering the current state of play in Canberra I think they would be perfect for a stroll around the capitol hill bunker.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads