• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilmour

Reaction score
I wonder why shoe makers are not explaining the difference between their lasts so people can see which lasts will suite their shape of foot better.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wonder why shoe makers are not explaining the difference between their lasts so people can see which lasts will suite their shape of foot better.

So true. Allan Edmonds makes some effort on their website. That is where SF comes in.

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score

Your average pleb doesn't even know what a last is so they probably can't be bothered.

Gilmour

Reaction score
There's this one for Alden lasts

Weather is amazing in Melbourne. Going to go get me a nice tan
smile.gif
Cheers for this

catpower

Reaction score
Ah thebrownman beat me to it with the Alden lasts. Tried to post it this morning but it got held up for moderation so excuse its lateness if/when it's approved!

Quick question re MJ Bale suit sizing. If I'm a 38R in Hugo Boss (yes, yes I know how we all feel about them but it was 50% off, marked down from $1200 and fits like a glove) and size 38 in MJ Bale shirts, is it a safe bet that I'll be 38 in their suits? They're on the SU2 suit block if it's any help.

(On that note, if anyone's willing to go half in MJ Bale's 2 for $1000 suit deal, throw me a message. I'm in the market for their 'Mudgee Weave Grey' suit - anyone have experience with it?)

Last edited:

JRolley

Reaction score
Hey could anyone recommend a store or brand in Brisbane for a nice pair of dress shoes around $300? I don't particularly want to buy online. Thanks

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably better to go to SW&D but has anyone know where I can find a pair of sneakers like these:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Common Projects' Achilles Low @ revolve clothing.com or tresbienshop

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I just picked up 2 pairs from TBS tonight. I am going to give the tournament lows another go. This time in Olive. Thinking that the grey pair I had were simply faulty. Time will tell. Also really wanted to pick up these new style Navy Achilles. Nubuck FTW. Was going to get the same style in the warm grey but they were sold out.

Naka

Reaction score

Hey could anyone recommend a store or brand in Brisbane for a nice pair of dress shoes around $300? I don't particularly want to buy online. Thanks

There's not much around in Brisbane for under $300. You can always try some Loake's on in DJ's and buy online, otherwise you're SOL.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's not much around in Brisbane for under $300. You can always try some Loake's on in DJ's and buy online, otherwise you're SOL.

+1, unfortunately.

I suppose that it depends in part on what you consider to be good. Regrettably, however, even expensive shoes in Brisbane are rubbish - you'll easily pay $400 for a pair of fabric-lined (not leather-lined) shoes with glued (not stitched) soles with the uppers probably made from cheap, shiny, corrected-grain leather.

Therefore, Naka's suggestion is a good one - see what Loake models DJs have in stock, try some on to get an idea of your size, and then order from somewhere like Herring Shoes or Pediwear in the UK.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:crazy: Thems are really expensive sneakers

JRolley

Reaction score
Thanks heaps for the recommendations. Yeah I was really considering Loake's they are lovely shoes. The other ones I've seen are Bally, Lloyds and Paul Smith which all sit around 450-700. Hey a Calibre store just opened in Brisbane which have some lovely LOOKING clothes and shoes. Has anyone had any experience with their clothes or their shoes (The shoes are surprisingly made in Italy and have leather soles and priced at $299).

Naka

Reaction score

Thanks heaps for the recommendations. Yeah I was really considering Loake's they are lovely shoes. The other ones I've seen are Bally, Lloyds and Paul Smith which all sit around 450-700. Hey a Calibre store just opened in Brisbane which have some lovely LOOKING clothes and shoes. Has anyone had any experience with their clothes or their shoes (The shoes are surprisingly made in Italy and have leather soles and priced at $299).

Calibre's not known for it's quality or styling around here.

Regarding shoes, I just remembered there's a boutique in Elizabeth St Arcade selling Alfred Sargents and Loake 1880's, you could size there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads