Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Ahhhh, xenophobia, far more acceptable ;)

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

TBH I think I probably trust the Chinese, Indians and Viets more than I do the Aussies as far as shirting is concerned!

I got my Luxire shirt the other week actually. Held off on a review because it didn't fit perfectly (my own measuring issues) so I was going to wait until batch 2 next week sometime. Certainly a beautiful shirt though. And pretty damn good for a first effort. But here are a few photos anyway. I appear to have lost the front on shot somewhere, sorry! The fabric is Luxire Micro Herringbone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

3. sliq

sliq Senior member

I bought one of Romp's OCBD shirts. the detail is exceptional and the fit is spot on; not baggy nor skin tight.

4. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

Rob

Not sure if this has been answered but unfortunately don't have time to read 140 posts.

I have a pair of SL-100s and can tell you the following:

More room in the thigh than my APC New Standards.
    Slightly wider leg opening, but not too wide, they are called straight legged but are tapered.
    I wear size 30 APC New Standards (which have sinced stretched out and measure 33.8 inches. They have been washed once and worn for 2 years intensively).
    I bought size 32 3sixteens and they measured 34inches in the waist from the get go. Done one soak early on and they did not shrink much, still measure 34inches.
    The quality improvement over APCs is so significant it makes the APCs seem like cheap JustJeans or JeansWest stuff. That being said - the weight of the denim is heavier than the APCs and I would suggest they are not a great jean for summer - I will probably not wear them at all throughout summer.

I will also say that the back pockets are significantly lower than on APCs, so this may or may not be the look you're after.

Hope this helps.

5. miketcooper

miketcooper Active Member

Hi Guys

I saw others do it often so hopefully I'm not disregarding the community etiquette. I bought an Enrico Coveri suit from Azzaro in Melbourne, but only tried the trousers upon returning to Sydney and they are too narrow for my fat thighs (sports = drumsticks).

I listed it in the "Classifieds" but like most Aussie listings it didn't get much attention. Now on eBay at $150 which is a bargain Its a brand new size 42 Italian made navy suit, I paid approx. $300 just a few months ago and it really is a much more expensive suit. Plus I've listed other nice stuff like a Brioni sportscoat and a brand new Belstaff leather jacket.

See here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/312704/...y-pinstripe-suit-super-130s-wool-italian-made

Thanks

Cheers

6. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

Yeah those O&J shirts are so nice, my one fits perfectly with the slight exception of the collar being a little tight when I button it up.

7. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for this info its really helpful. I always stuff up with jeans buying the size that fits well when new and then they get really loose and baggy!

8. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

You guys are too kind thanks glad you like them. Cannot wait for my pop-overs!!!!

9. fxh

fxh Senior member

10. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

That feel when your delts have grown to the extent where it makes your jacket shoulders look too small.

fml.

11. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

In the interest of walking the walk, I present, for your judgement, my first and second attempt at making my own tie.
    This is in relation to my earlier post questioning the ridiculous pricing of men's ties

The Madras is attempt number 1 and the black & white check is attempt number 2
    Total cost for both is $20 for fabric and $2 for old ties to get their interlining.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jmills

jmills Senior member

Very sprezz.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

13. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

HVN has always been a franchisee/property business... Retail only exists to support the model

First tie does look wonky but admire the effort. The finishing and edging could be refined.

14. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

At the prices they charge for retail, it's some support they've got happening!

15. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

Ahh this explains it. I was looking at Sid Mashburn the other day and thinking, "wow, these shirts look very similar to Owen and James' stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.