• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have recommended this before but the ones from thetiebar.com are just fine if you have the time to wait. I can't see anyone putting too much stress or use into a bow tie so I think it will "last" just fine...

Anyone here got any insight into the contents of the HB sale tomorrow?

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I bought a new watch strap, but prefer my old one more. Anyone interested in buying the following:

The strap is a Hirsch lizard strap in a rich burgundy colour. The lug width on the strap is 20mm, narrowing to 18mm at the buckle (the buckle is silver, not gold-plated as pictured). Other than, it's the same. I've removed the tags, installed it to my watch and decided I don't like it as much as the old one. I wore it for precisely 18 minutes on the train ride home from work, during which I likely looked like the guy obsessed with his watch (to other commuters). By the end of my journey, my mind was made up, I'm switching back.

PM me if you're interested. Oh, $50 by the way, posted anywhere in Australia. Retail including shipping is about $70.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a decent self tied bowtie in Sydney?
Need a basic black one for wedding purpose. Might as well buy a good one that can last for a while.
ive got two unused MJ Bale black bow ties that I never used for my wedding, still in MJ Bale package. One is grosgrain and the other is satin. I think they are $69 or $79 each. Happy to sell you mine for $40 each
biggrin.gif

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FURNITURE and white goods giant Harvey Norman has scored the poorest customer service rating of Australia's major retailers in a survey by consumer advocate Choice.
While Harvey Norman received the worst feedback, Choice said most stores surveyed provided a ''frustrating'' shopping experience, with staff frequently ignoring customers and showing a lack of product knowledge

Choice spokeswoman Ingrid Just said: retailers that could previously ''get away with poor service'' now had to rethink because of online competition.

Harvey Norman chairman Gerry Harvey said the Choice results contradicted the feedback he received from customers. ''The level of feedback we're getting shows that our level of service is fantastic,'' he said.

Last edited:

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
I'm sick of paying high prices for cheap Made in Asia shirts and after seeing what Herringbone had to offer was the last straw.

Doing a bit online reaseach lead me to the following three options for Made in Australia shirts:
Edward Stripe "4 Australia"
Ganton "Special Collection"
Jensen by Ganton.

Has anyone had experience with any of these manufactureres?
Specifically their Made in Australia shirts?

I'd be happy to pay $195 for the Edward Stripe considering a Thomas Pink Made in Vietnam isn't far off that price.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is gonna tell the emperor he has no clothes on?

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sick of paying high prices for cheap Made in Asia shirts and after seeing what Herringbone had to offer was the last straw.

Doing a bit online reaseach lead me to the following three options for Made in Australia shirts:
Edward Stripe "4 Australia"
Ganton "Special Collection"
Jensen by Ganton.

Has anyone had experience with any of these manufactureres?
Specifically their Made in Australia shirts?

I'd be happy to pay $195 for the Edward Stripe considering a Thomas Pink Made in Vietnam isn't far off that price.

Have you considered paying low prices for expensive Made in India shirts? www.luxire.com http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, if the quality is there (and in the case of Luxire, plenty of people say it is, including Oz forum members -- though I am yet to try them myself), who cares where they are made? Isn't that kind of RACIST?? :D

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
Have you taken a look at our shirts? Alot less than the shirts you mentioned and Made in the USA

The same 200 year old workshop also makes all the shirts for Sid Mashburn and J.Press so the quality is right up there.
I like the look of the Red Chambray, but I can't try the shirt on.

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
Meh, if the quality is there (and in the case of Luxire, plenty of people say it is, including Oz forum members -- though I am yet to try them myself), who cares where they are made? Isn't that kind of RACIST??
biggrin.gif
I didn't say that I don't like the shirts becasue they are made by "Indians", I said I don't like the idea of buy the shirts becasue they are made in "India"

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Meh, if the quality is there (and in the case of Luxire, plenty of people say it is, including Oz forum members -- though I am yet to try them myself), who cares where they are made? Isn't that kind of RACIST??
biggrin.gif

id almost agree... machine made shirts as long as the machines are top notch will be decent

Fabric is quite important.

The key difference is attention to detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics