1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romp

Romp Senior member

thanks..

ok just clicked that they have EGs and GCs too ... the belgraves can wait! :)

2. Nicholas D C

Nicholas D C Well-Known Member

Yep made in HK. Think I need to get the pants altered as there's a little bit too much slack in the thigh and calf area when standing. Aside from that the Jacket is liveable - maybe a little waist suppression necessary, but otherwise not bad at all OTR!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  3. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Will be in town on Friday which store did you get them from?

4. Romp

Romp Senior member

Circular quay store has most stock normally

5. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

Gents I can confirm the HB Chatswood chase store has the 50% off and they had the c & j loafers there too. Meanwhile I wasn't impressed with their dress belts at all, any ideas where I can get a nice good quality leather brown belt in sydney? (Pref similar to the Westminster belt herrings shoes sell)

6. blahman

blahman Senior member

Any tobacco suede CJ Hallams at 50% off? And damn, I'm missing another Melb meet up. I am still stuck in the middle of nowhere.

7. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I think that the 50% off only applies to C&J loafers and only in Sydney.

8. charliechan

charliechan Senior member

I can confirm that; was in the CQ store today. I found a very nice blue striped navy suit, peak lapel... but it had a single vent, disappointing.
    Apparently all OTR HB suits are half canvassed - only their MTO ones are full canvassed.
    They seem to have quite a few sizes left in their charcoal suits, for anyone interested.

9. meister

meister Senior member

I have seen that Carmina spectator in better photos on SF and eBay and they are really nice looking spectators...very sharp.

10. meister

meister Senior member

I have had D'Urban suits for years and they are great and fit Aussies well if that means anything. Stewarts is a tregualr menswear place.

11. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Senior member

Actually, I bought them from the Chatswood Store.

If you're in town, your best bet is Circular Quay or Chifley Square; where the larger stores are.

12. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

Anyone work in Funds/Asset Management in Australia? What is the state of the current job market and how does one break into this field with 2 years of finance experience? More specifically guidance on what kind of jobs would be available to me at this level, and what skills would be required?

13. Romp

Romp Senior member

jobs are around but not advertised because 1000 applications get lodged. Huge supply of talent from finance redundancies etc that the jobs are generally word of mouth and very choosy.

CFA is often desired - put yourself in a fund manager POV and think what would they need to satisfy the consultant ... its normally stability and experience

but im just a simple clothes guy, - others can probably share more here

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  14. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Well that is charming I don't need loafers M@@#$%^&ers!:foo:

15. deingesicht

deingesicht Senior member

I've worked on the asset management side and the stockbroking side; the market is stuffed, especially the latter atm. Are you in Sydney or Melbourne?

As Romp said, CFA is very important - don't bother with Master or Kaplan courses. MBA would be comparable, but the costs outweigh the benefits if you are starting out with 2 years of finance experience. Feel free to PM to give me more details about yourself.

16. elvish

elvish Senior member

for those on the clothing side, how easy is it to convert a ticket to patch pocket?

17. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Just tried on my new suit at PJ's. Just a little shortening of the trouser hem and it will be all set to go. Looks fantastic.

18. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

What are the deets again CD?

Definitely thinking about doing this later in the year. DB in blue or grey I reckon.

19. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Lovely CD. You'll have to show a few pictures :)

20. John Appleseed

John Appleseed Well-Known Member

Look, I realise this has come up a few times - I need someone competent to do alterations and I have spent a few $k @ SF members darling Hayel & Sons. I have a lot of experience with him, and I find it hard to believe this is the best in or around Sydney. I think one or two people here like his service, and based on that he has become to SF Sydney go to guy for alterations. Can we get some more opinions on this from people with other possible recommendations for places around Sydney to trust with your garments (and not just for simple alterations)?

Also does anyone know anything about http://www.mastertailor.com.au down at the rocks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.