Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md2010

md2010 Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

2. catpower

catpower Active Member

Hi everyone. Long time reader, first time poster. It's great to see such a strong Aussie contingent here!

What are your best tips (stores, websites or brands) for finding some slim fitting work trousers? I'm not fussed about big name brands but a good fit (slim, minimal break etc) is important. I have fairly skinny legs and the usual suspects - DJs, Myer and Country Road - never quite cut it.

Ta!

3. Naka

Naka Senior member

Women's clothing has much more emphasis on fashion and design as they aren't constrained to a certain uniform so to speak. Women can wear dresses of all shapes and sizes in all the colours of the rainbow and look fantastic, whereas a man wearing a funky coloured suit generally draws a lot of negative attention.

Also, the really high end couture clothing is often made with the finest workmanship and materials, but that kind of stuff is never scene in public, at least in Australia.

4. sliq

sliq Senior member

sweet! got any pics?

5. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

Women just tend to settle on the look of the garment rather than take into consideration its construction (speaking from personal experience ONLY). I see a lot of nice blazers around the place but never pull the trigger because they'll either be fused, made from wool/poly blends etc.

My GF buy a lot of stuff from ASOS which is mainly poly. My favourite is when she buys summer dresses and tops because they'll be "cool and breezy." Never minding the fact they are 100% poly and do not breathe.

6. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I've worn mine on trains from time to time on a really cold day.

7. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I'll recommend Howard Yount to anyone, anytime. Not the cheapest; totally worth it. Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

8. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

I'll stab ya

9. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

I do understand all of this, but I don't think people here really dress the way they do to conform to some standard men's uniform. Women can look great in almost anything, but I still instantly pick out a quality piece of clothing on them. I truly cannot stand fast fashion, to me it is a vain, environmentally unfriendly way of dressing that shows no self respect.

It's a shame as you say that there are very few quality women's clothing outlets in Australia. Brands that actually make decent women's stuff generally sell only accessories and shoes in Australia. One of the worst perpetrators IMO is Ralph Lauren; they offer some brilliant guy's stuff (albeit in addition to giant pony brand trash), but the women's clothing is awful. I hope that now Oroton has lost the licence, PRL Corp will lift their game in terms of stock.

10. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

I would just like to say if anyone wants to repair their denim send it to Mikhail Zenon. He does an absolutely great job!

11. rhubarb jam

rhubarb jam Active Member

I feel your pain. 8% ciders certainly don't taste that strong at the time. [​IMG]

My better half is currently in NYC and I'm hoping you may have some pointers on where she should look for male clothing and more specifically accessories. I'm in need of a leather overnight bag amongst the usual ties, PS, shoe trees etc. The poor girl will be using every bit of her 40kg baggage allowance. I know there's a multitude of threads on the main forum but I trust your opinions more! :) Thanks.

12. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Totally agree, case in point is some $300 boots my gf bought. They're PLEATHER ffs.

13. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Well I survived my bucks weekend, just. I've not been so crook for a fair while and had to get one of my mates to drive my car home but it was a great weekend all the same. No grog for a few days now.

I am on holidays now though so that's a bonus.

14. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

maybe better suited for the other forum but does anyone know how the various 3sixteen jeans fit and if anywhere in sydney stocks them?

Cheers
    Rob

15. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Clothing-wise, what about Epaulet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.