• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fxh - white chunky socks! blasphemy! :p

There are not really chunky.

They are a bit thicker than the thinner dress socks, ribbed, used to be called walking socks, and they are OTC that have scrunched down.

I have a bit of a fetish for wearing clean white OTC socks.

When I was a kid I read that Jerry Lewis when he became rich used to wear a brand new pair of white socks (and sometimes other colours) every day then throw them away.

It kinda stuck in my head as something to aim for.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

oh and enough Saphir to polish a container load of Meerkat double monks)

Today I got suckered into going to footy in suburbs. I sat in car and listened to Oklahoma on ABC FM Classical radio in sunshine.

:crackup:

How ever have you survived Melbourne with those habits?

Last edited:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took me an hour, but I caught up 220+ posts while I was away for a week on the South Coast of NSW.

Someone 100 odd posts ago was speaking highly of RHD in Adelaide. +1.

As for the PJ origin discussion, I thought that were perhaps made in the same place as Suit Supply. Suit Supply are from the Netherlands, and that's where PJ's stuff is purported to be made.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Took me an hour, but I caught up 220+ posts while I was away for a week on the South Coast of NSW.
Someone 100 odd posts ago was speaking highly of RHD in Adelaide. +1.
As for the PJ origin discussion, I thought that were perhaps made in the same place as Suit Supply. Suit Supply are from the Netherlands, and that's where PJ's stuff is purported to be made.

Hey man, hope you had fun!

Re-PJ Origins

TBH, I don't really care where his stuff gets made; that's why I stayed out of that discussion. What's important to me is the fit and quality of the final product.

On both, Pat has never disappointed.

And FWIW, I have received more compliments than you could shake a bespoke seven-fold tie at since I started wearing his kit about a year ago. Especially from attractive women... :slayer:

So who gives a flying hoot eh?

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a bit delayed, but here's a shot from Friday (fxh, please avert your eyes!):

The trousers are Nantucket reds (a sort of faded red or, as some colleagues call them, "salmon pink"). I was also wearing a light blue OCBD shirt, blue-brown bicolour knit tie, a navy, cotton, herringbone-weave jacket with patch pockets and a linen pocket square and carrying a Filson 256.

Unfortunately, the colours are a bit dark in the photo - both the trousers and shoes are a bit lighter in colour.

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a bit delayed, but here's a shot from Friday (fxh, please avert your eyes!):
The trousers are Nantucket reds (a sort of faded red or, as some colleagues call them, "salmon pink"). I was also wearing a light blue OCBD shirt, blue-brown bicolour knit tie, a navy, cotton, herringbone-weave jacket with patch pockets and a linen pocket square and carrying a Filson 256.
Unfortunately, the colours are a bit dark in the photo - both the trousers and shoes are a bit lighter in colour.

Ensemble sounds nice and coherently casual. :)

Today in PJ, Nakhle and Henry Carter:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey FXH, that problem with my lens is still there. Funny eh? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads