1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Haha nicely done barney :p no these are awesome, do you get those custom made?

Hope everyone had a great xmas!

Is there a favourite spot for aussies to use to order Saphir products from?

2. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Nice PJs Rob! If you wear those around the house, I am sure you can expect a 2nd child at any time :).

As for sales JRolley, MJ Bale is having a giant sale - you can get a full canvassed Japanese suit for about $600.

Bloody Hunt Leather isn't having a sale. For some reason I don't see them dropping their Il Bisonte range by 50% this year :(. Those bastards can get away with anything!

3. sliq

sliq Senior member

i'm eyeing their Takeda suit. need to go instore to check it out, considering the sleeves have working buttons.

4. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Haha, working sleeves are apparently not very hard to do. Yet, SF Aussies put heaps of value on them. The only reason why most suit makers don't do it, is it makes the sleeves very hard to adjust.

5. sliq

sliq Senior member

that's exactly right - i'd hate to buy it to find it's too short.. or if it's too long, it's a costly exercise to have them shortened from the shoulder.

6. Silence229

Silence229 Member

Hey all,

Got 2 spare Tres Bien codes for 30% off in the presale period (26-30 Dec)..Not good timing for me
    Shoot me a PM if you want them

Cheers

7. Silence229

Silence229 Member

I've used an ebay seller called chelseashoerepairshop 5-10 times in the past for Saphir gear and he has been great.
    Horsehair brushes are good, too.

8. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Copped a Vanda tie and some knitwear.

I think today I'm going to see a busking band in the city, and then to meet Gerry :).

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  9. iSurg

iSurg Senior member

The band in front of myer is pretty good! Nothing of note at Henry Bucks on Collins, but did quickly chat to the BMT coowner who handles all the shoes there. Didn't really find anything at DJ's either...

10. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Cool christmas prezzies guys!
    Does anyone know if fed ex delivers on boxing day (fingers crossed)? My shipment missed the fedex truck on monday T_T

11. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

What are you expecting? Mine was due to be delivered this coming Friday but actually arrived on Monday!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  12. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Our Symphonic Life ALWAYS please.

Often head into the city just to see them and watch the people/ladies.

13. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

On topic question: apart from Myers and Djs, oes anyone have a suggestion of where I might be able to find a decent vest/wasitcoast in Melbourne?

Herringbone? MJ Bale store? SOMEWHERE ELSE?!

14. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Hoped it would come today on some off chance that they do deliver today....guess I have to wait till tmmrw :)

15. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Sorry mate. No chance of getting any deliveries on boxing day.

16. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

^Yeah figured that out when I got home....
    What do you guys wear with denim which isn't SW&D and more MC (no sports jackets; too hot for that right now)? (I always end up looking like an oldwest guy or a biker.......)

17. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

T-shirts, long/short sleeved polo shirts, ocbds.

18. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Just skip the denim for a pair of chinos. Much easier to dress MC with chinos. Maybe get some pale blue jackets (cotton/linen) unlined and wear them with thin cream/light khaki chinos.Maybe a bright sports shirt underneath. And some tan/brown drivers. Chinos rolled up and no socks ! I think its a killer combo.

19. jobsey

jobsey New Member

Hi all, thought I might share some of the sales in Melbourne I encountered in Melbourne at the Boxing Day sales

- henry bucks on Collins st - canali ties at $115 a lot of styles on offer. Drakes ties at $75 but slim pickings. A whole bunch of sports jackets mainly the maurizio baldassari brand but did see a few boglioli jackets. The waxed cotton belstaff jackets were also on sale. Didn't really go through what shirts, pants and suits were on offer

- American tailors - drakes ties at $79, selection limited but a lot more than henry bucks. The carminas shoes were all on sale, roughly ard $390? Only had about 4-5 styles all on the simpson last (worth trying on if you arent sure of the fit as its very slim!). They had a whole bunch of Crockett and jones shoes on sale around the $400-$450 mark including the lowndes double monks. This compares favourably to the prices at double monks store in collingwood which start at $485 RRP (I can't imagine double monks to be putting their stock on sale given they've only been open for 4 weeks).

Anyways happy shopping!

20. joiji

joiji Senior member

Linen shirts I quite like. OCBD's, etc. I think you'll find you can pull most things off, I tend to find the fit matters more than the item of clothing. i.e. slimmer fits etc look more formal and refined, where as fuller cuts or things like patch pockets which add lines lend themselves to casual situations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.