• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like endless will be out of shoe trees pretty soon…..

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this because of the pointy top bit? With laces id imagine the tongue would just expand and this can still fit in?

Hmm what size is 9UK E width? Looks between Med or Large but want to compare to others:)

Yeah it will work with some and perhaps most shoes but, as I said, not all. If you have a high vamped shoe or wide shoe you should be safe. As a UK E, I think you'd probably be fine.

It is quite a pronounced point though when you compare it to, for example, the ultra.

I can try and get a photo of my epics at home if you want. I use them in my 1ks and AE boots.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good news! My work blocks access to www.endless.com as it contains "mature content". Thanks "insert management consulting firm here" for keeping me safe from the dangers of the interest while at work!!

oh my. loafers may contain viruses
facepalm.gif

Last edited:

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score

Loafers worn without socks may contain viruses...

The 2012/2013 Boston Celtics, now with more stab wounds! My favourite part about all the playoff games this year was the amount of times Paul Pierce would intentionally foul out during the later part of close games.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah it will work with some and perhaps most shoes but, as I said, not all. If you have a high vamped shoe or wide shoe you should be safe. As a UK E, I think you'd probably be fine.
It is quite a pronounced point though when you compare it to, for example, the ultra.
I can try and get a photo of my epics at home if you want. I use them in my 1ks and AE boots.
so which are your preferred tree model?

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so which are your preferred tree model?

Probably just the full toe trees. I find I can't really be bothered with the adjustables and I don't think the split toe makes a real difference. My shoes just aren't wide enough. I think I have scared you off a bit here unintentionally. Many people have said in the AE thread that Epics and Ultras work for them in normal shoes. Some have not, however, especially when the shoe is narrow, or has a low instep (both are wide trees, with a high instep). I am in this camp - pretty much because all my shoes are on AEs narrow lasts AND in narrow widths (B or C).

So all I was trying to point out was that it was a bit of a risk to blindly order 10 Epic shoe trees without considering whether they would actually fit in your shoe :) I wouldn't want someone here to have to return 10 shoe trees... my god that would be expensive. I suppose you could probably onsell them pretty easily though. But in short I would say that if you have narrow shoes, or shoes with a low instep, don't expect the Epics to fit (Ultras aren't as wide, but still have a high instep).

The woodlore site actually has some useful, albeit small side on pictures of the two trees, so all I can suggest is looking at the side on photos and trying to visualize whether they will fit your shoe, and if so which one will fit best.

Epic:

Ultra:

Celtics avatar?

Yes but I just wasn't sure what prompted that tirade.

I'm not sure what you're trying to diss PP for here though - getting bottled and stabbed 11 times while trying to break up a bar fight and then scoring 28 points a week later in the season opener? Or having to guard the best player in the NBA one on one for 40 minutes a game since Jeff Green, our only other viable option, was out with a heart problem, and then getting fouled out on BS superstar calls?

I don't think anyone in Boston blames him for either....

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe trees:

All of my shoe trees are of the "high vamp" type and I haven't encountered any problems with them fitting into shoes of any description, whether they be loafers, double monks, balmorals, bluchers or boots. So I suspect that they'd fit the majority of shoes without any problems unless the shoes are particularly "flat" and in that case, as mentioned by someone above, you could just not tighten up the laces as much when you take off your shoes.

What I was wearing yesterday - a rather conservative suit in a grey, sharkskin fabric, a "banker" shirt, and a madder silk tie with a neat print, all by local MTO operation Deer Style; chocolate brown, plain captoe balmorals from Zegna's fatte a mano range; pocket square by Kent Wang; lapel flower by Vanda; and briefcase by Swaine Adeney Brigg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads