Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

+1

2. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

here's a closeup of agnelli rocking his ... i like his style and was what im also considering making i.e. shorter placket and cutaway collar.

[​IMG]

3. Naka

Naka Senior member

I prefer a shorter placket, if it's too long it looks like you could add two more buttons and just call it a normal shirt.

+1 on the as much roll as possible, I'm going to move the buttons up on my Brooks Brothers Linens for moar roll.

4. sliq

sliq Senior member

I'm gonna chop down half of Amazon with a few mouse clicks myself.

5. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

++++ for no pocket

6. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

7. joiji

joiji Senior member

Just did an order of 10. Thanks!

8. Gilmour

Gilmour Senior member

I am looking at shoe trees

Some seem to be higher in the lace up area is there a good reason for this or dose it not matter too much?

I just bought a pair of Loake lace ups and dont want to get the wrong shoe tree for them.

cheers

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  9. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Thanks .. Which style did you guys get specifically? I might order a few pairs

10. blahman

blahman Senior member

Been reading more psychology books. Going through book #2 by Dan Ariely in a month. Talks about how everything is relative and that you can influence decisions to your advantage by offering an easily comparable but inferior option to the one that you want chosen. Introducing this decoy option will make this other one stand out among all the rest.

Applying to dress at work place I wonder if that's the same reason for advice of dressing like your coworkers but a bit better to stand out.

Or I have actually fallen victim of expectation effect where I expect a link and therefor I see a link between them.

11. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

The Epics will probably only work in boots or shoes with a high vamp: http://www.endless.com/Allen-Edmond...5011&sort=relevance-fs-rank&keywords=woodlore

Other than that you should be fine with any of the Woodlore or AE branded trees depending on your personal preference. The Epics and Ultra have a wider heel area than the Full Toe/adjustable/split models. In fact they are wider in general. Keep this in mind if you have narrow feet - they may not fit your shoes. Or if you have reasonably narrow heels and/or a low instep and don't want the tree to stretch out that area of the shoe at all over time. The Full Toe/adjustable/split models are much narrower. For me the Epics and Ultras don't really work in my 5 lasted AE shoes (very narrow last).

I have almost all the models other than the split toe and I feel that they all work well in different kinds of shoes. If you're stocking up for the future I'd say buy a couple of Epics, a couple of Ultras and maybe some adjustable/full toe/split toes depending on your preference to keep yourself covered for all eventualities...

http://www.endless.com/s/ref=topnav...eywords=woodlore&isFirstTimeLoad=1&pageCode=s

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  12. sliq

sliq Senior member

13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

14. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

Good news! My work blocks access to www.endless.com as it contains "mature content". Thanks "insert management consulting firm here" for keeping me safe from the dangers of the interest while at work!!

15. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Is this because of the pointy top bit? With laces id imagine the tongue would just expand and this can still fit in?

Hmm what size is 9UK E width? Looks between Med or Large but want to compare to others:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.