Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliq

sliq Senior member

wow!! those boots are sensational! love it. hope they get plenty of wear.

2. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

They really are the nicest boots I have - going to wear them again tonight. Love 'em!

3. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Gents, I screwed up today at Azzarro, and maybe one of you can benefit from it.

I bought a lovely Cantarelli suit there, a 50R drop 6. Like a fool, I measured the pants but didn't try them on - long wait for the "change room". Turned out when I get home that the rise is a 1-2" shorter than my usual, and the pants sit more around my hips than waist, and are never going to fit.

They are a bit slim cut, and so are too tight in the thighs for my son, who looked otherwise perfect in it.

I hate to take it back, and am not even sure Azzarro take returns. It's a gorgeous solid blue, really nice. Price marked 3740, happy to let it go a bit below my cost, say 750. If anyone's keen, can do measurements and pics.

(Forgive my using the thread for sales, btw).

4. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Where did you get those Lindricks; they are AWESOEMOSDOAJSPODJADPOJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
    And guys I'm looking to pickup these from Meermin: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1958
    And I'm wondering for those who have brought from them; do they take paypal, what's there usual shipping time to Aus and do they sell shoe trees if you ask? And if no on the shoe trees where can I get some which fit?
    P.S.
    Sorry I'm absolute nub to quality dress shoes; first pair (woot!) and any first timers tips pls. Oh and thanks for your thoughts on summer sneakers I think I'll go for the supergas.

Thanks
    Yours Faithfully
    TehFunnyBunny

5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yep they take PayPal and sell shoe trees, they are on the site. Shipping can vary greatly, depends on a lot o factors. Best to ask them, but you need to be patient with the emails. Especially at present with the European holidays.

6. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

Can you please link me to the shoetrees on the site; sorry if this is stupid question but I can't seem to find them :p

7. jmills

jmills Senior member

I don't think Meermin have their trees on their website, but there are some photos discoverable with google:

[​IMG]

8. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

'discoverable with google'....what is this google you speak of?
    Thanks I shoulda googled it I guess :)
    Yours Faithfully
    TehFunnyBunny

9. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

10. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

thanks

Ive going full O&J tomorrow for an event will try take pics.

I dont think i have the shoes for the red hence my issue ... i did see a few guys today in red pants and u are right - black works well

11. violin spiders

violin spiders Member

I work right near there so checked it out today.

It doesn't look like it's open yet. There's no signage up or anything, and the only hint is that the paper covering the windows is illustrated with a wooden last motif.

I'm curious now, though! I can't afford Cleverly prices, but I'm guessing the vast majority of Melbourne can't either, so hopefully they have a wider range. Melbourne needs a good, dedicated shoe shop that doesn't consider Loake the pinnacle of British shoemaking.

12. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Beggar Man Thief outlet in the Sth Melb Market has a few Grensons in stock for 220. A pair of dk brown boots, and a couple of pairs of loafers. In size 10 IIRC. Stilll a few Loake 1880s there for 250, as well.

13. Naka

Naka Senior member

I was so relieved they didn't have a 10 in stock. The Lindricks are fantastic, wear them in good health. I'm trying to track down a pair of the Marlow penny loafers, cordovan pennies sound just right for my spring footwear purchase.

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Well-Known Member

Bugger ... yes those Cantarellis do have a low rise. If it's only 1" too short and if there's enough length in the leg could it be altered? I can wear a 50R in Cantarellis but need to give the wallet a rest...

15. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Got them via a SF user. They definitely are awesome. I wore them on the day I got them and can't wait to wear them again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.