1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Distinguished Member

Yep. Though there's some weird thing with the shipping where you order and then have to make a second paypal payment for the shipping. They are an affiliate so am sure they can answer all relevant questions. There's also a SF discount code in their thread I think.

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Distinguished Member

Woodlore (AE) switched its shoe tree manufacturing to China mid last year. Retailers with old stock may have some old made in USA ones. I have both, though, and there is no discernible difference. It's the same American cedar used. They're absolutely great and come at a very reasonable price from endless too (even cheaper if you can get them during a 20% off sale).

NB Had not seen this before, looks like an absolute bargain with $5 shipping. From reviews I've read apparently the lid can be sticky, but whatever, count me in:

http://www.endless.com/s/ref=topnav...odlore&asin=B002VWKRG2&ref=sr_1_10&pageCode=d

Everything else I have looked into shoe valet-wise costs an arm and a leg + shipping...

3. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior Member

4. deingesicht

deingesicht Senior Member

I've been looking for some good shoe trees in Melbourne and was about to purchase from herringshoes. Given the low postage, it seems like a no brainer! All I need to do is decide on which shoes to buy with them[​IMG]

5. Smudge

Smudge Senior Member

I'd say get in quick... I don't know how sustainable it will be to ship shoes trees to Oz for $5 / free ;)

6. lachyzee

Been going on for at least 2 years (my time ordering from endless)...

7. Petepan

Petepan Distinguished Member

If you are buying shoes from Herring, they usually throw in the trees for free.

8. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Distinguished Member

If you have the right discount code or that its part of the sale offer. This worth a look http://www.cedarvillestore.com/p-14-mens-epic-twin-tube-shoe-tree.aspx same tree as Gerry is buying but cheaper and if you go to AAAC use the discount code and you can get them for about $20 a pair. Not sure about postage costs.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012

9. lachyzee

Their shipping within the US is quite expensive (http://www.cedarvillestore.com/t-shipping.aspx) I can only imagine how much international shipping must be...

That's essentially the problem with shoe trees - they're so heavy that even using a shipping forwarder will be expensive.

10. Smudge

Smudge Senior Member

Good to know. I continue to be amazed how companies can ship reasonably bulky / heavy yet low-value things (books and now I learn, shoe trees) half way round the world for free/nominal cost, not that I'm complaining, mind.

11. deingesicht

I have some herring shoes, but I plan on visiting the C&J, Edward Green, and John Lobb seconds/discount factories. I'll probably buy a half a dozen, then those that I really don't want I'll sell.

12. eightace

eightace Senior Member

Sydneysiders,

Just seen in Enrico Santi in Pitt St, a sale sign. Went in and found that they have several pairs of Loakes on sale, including a nice pair of these 1880s for $195.

Cheers,

Eightace

13. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior Member

When you guys buy things from online shops in foreign exchanges what's the best way to pay for your goods with a minimum currency exchange fee?

14. sliq

sliq Distinguished Member

get a 28 degrees mastercard.

15. deingesicht

28 degrees card or Citi card - both of which have zero FX commissions

Otherwise you can rack up points on the Citi Select card (if you have one)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.