• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

deingesicht

Reaction score
Turns out someone wanted them a whole lot more than me. Oh well. Is the Edwards code still working?
I missed out on the C&Js as well - not a happy camper to lose on Fathers' Day
mad.gif

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MD - not my cup of tea, but to each his own. Especially if it was a cracker price
Maybe post up a fit pic?

This was a impulse buy. I was at yoox and found this for $97. Plus $26 shipping .

Hey mate, if you are confident enough to wear it then i think thats what matters most!
Typically a velvet jacket i find easier to wear at night when there is less light to make it so shiny :)

Mate you are right about wearing with confidence. Lol. Velvet jacket reminds me of Mick Jagger !!

I definitely think it's a night time piece, or at the very least a cloudy cold day piece. Certainly not for the upcoming summer. I do have a soft spot for a velvet blazer/dinner jacket though.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will leave this piece for night time events only.

Last edited:

themaninasuit

Reaction score
I think the problem is in Australia, J Crew is licensed to another group, so they probably stuck with some legal thing so they cant undercut the group here in australia who sells at much inflated prices,
Just an assumption though

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the problem is in Australia, J Crew is licensed to another group, so they probably stuck with some legal thing so they cant undercut the group here in australia who sells at much inflated prices,

I don't think that's the case. AFAIK the only other licensed distributor of J Crew other than J Crew itself is the Net a Porter group. They are just price gouging.

Having said that, I hope the ACCC looks into those type of agreements fairly soon. I looked into buying some new snowboard boots on the weekend and ugh.... these days it seems that all the top american online stores won't ship 90% of the good brands out here directly. When I last bought boots a few years ago I had no such issues.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is J Crew here? Ive not seen it yet

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or have dub monks become a sort of an epidemic - like cockroaches. Seeing way too many of them around, usually hanging out cafes near financial organisations wearing well groomed men.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny, blahman, I've hardly noticed them outside of the SF catchups. I'll keep a lookout. I did see Jack London selling some and maybe a couple of the other local shops have started stocking them as well so that may explain it - they can't all be following #Menswear postings on Tumblr.

Cue music: I've been looking for monks in all the wrong places ...

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Funny, blahman, I've hardly noticed them outside of the SF catchups. I'll keep a lookout. I did see Jack London selling some and maybe a couple of the other local shops have started stocking them as well so that may explain it - they can't all be following #Menswear postings on Tumblr.

Cue music: I've been looking for monks in all the wrong places ...
i tried doing dubmonks but just didnt suit my style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads