Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Hey a PSA for the Modern Tailor fans out there--they have a pretty decent cotton/linen fabric at the moment (it's going to be a hot summer) for $45. Here 'tis:

[​IMG]

Lavender Stripes
    USD $44.95
    No.: A251-5
    Material: Cotton/Linen

There are pictures of a made-up shirt in this fabric on the site as well. I reckon this would make a nice casual Friday / weekend shirt for when things heat up.

2. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

+1

Ive got 2inch cuffs and ive got no cuffs. Both are good

I think its good to mix it up

3. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Friday Homemade Pizza and football.

Saturday cook son's birthday cake then dinner out. Don hair shirt and watch Tigers play Melbourne.

Sunday Fathers day wahoo new socks and son turns 18 cooking up Jamie Oliver's stake sandwich for him and five of his mates for dinner.

4. eightace

eightace Senior member

Howdy neighbour!

5. jmills

jmills Senior member

Cheers, the advice is much appreciated.

6. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

7. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

Thank you all for your help on this. I currently have 4 AG suits (grew out of 2 Calibres) which l picked up at ridiculous prices . I'm now looking to refine things, with an emphasis on quality.

8. lennier

lennier Senior member

9. joiji

joiji Senior member

10. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Fathers Day lunch with the kids at Cafe Noir

11. fxh

fxh Senior member

Trailer of green waste to tip and a trip to Bunnings - I'm looking for advice on what to wear.

12. fxh

fxh Senior member

I'd have to agree - after picking up 2 second hand Herringbone Made in Japan Italian cloth 3/2 buttons - a blue self stripe and grey plain - for the price of a machiato and a foccacia - and now snaffled by friends and offspring.

Its starting to get shiny on wear points on pants in particular - shiny on bum and other pressure points. Pants pockets worn through in inside - jackets holding up well enough. Fits well for the market but not impressive at all on the wearing front.

This is NOT "investment" cloth suits. But once or twice a months suits. Need to be looked after. Makes a convincing case for heavier fabrics. These Herringbone suits whilst looking good and fitting well to a certain "youthful" body type are not what most grownups should buy. Be careful.

I've had 30 year old suits with more wear in better condition. The new Super 100s+ are a trap for young players.

The trend for thin weaves in super 100s+ is nice for one season and summer but not for a lasting suit.

Thats not to mention that these are the ones that don't sit well on your shoes or knees or waist and catch on your proper OTC socks.

Think heavy - think less than super 100 - think weight - think tried and true - perhaps even think english not Italian if you want lasting wear ability and not looking like its cheap shiney cotton

Other than that the silhouette and fit looks great on a 6'2" fit, boxing, weightlifting, running, tattooed, very skinny musician/filmmaker/animator , for the odd time he needs a suit or two.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012

13. themaninasuit

themaninasuit Member

I am just going to have a small rant. Why is it that so many M2M providers in Sydney (and Australia?) cannot run a decent service? Offering made to order and bespoke suits myself I find it very hard to cope with some of the stories I hear from clients who have tried other providers and are now no longer willing to go tailor made. I hear of shirts taking 6 months + to be delivered, deadlines not being kept, outrageous stories being concocted to explain delays, appointments missed generally people being given the run around. People arent stupid they realise they are being had and that delays etc are the result of poor management. if you have to miss an appointment, call someone. These so called tailors are ruining the reputation of tailor made in sydney and chasing future business away from the good operators who deliver quality on time as promised.
    My business had to stop production due to this problem as a maker we were using was disappointing our clients, and only recently have we resumed full bespoke, after spending over a year getting everything in place, but now we are able to deliver what we promise.
    As customers we dont expect much (mostly) just what we were promised, its on the makers to deliver on their side for the good of the whole industry.

14. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You think that's bad, try ordering a pair of Ambrosi trousers. Some of the guys have been waiting 2.5 years just for trousers.

15. themaninasuit

themaninasuit Member

Wow, thats extreme, but If they merchants tell them there is that kind of wait, at least the customer gets to make an informed decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.