Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

there use to be a horse shop in artarmon too on the pac hwy.. dont know if its still there.

I reckon natural is best and let it grow a patina

otherwise you can use veg or olive oil as an alternative.

2. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

They look pretty good from the front and the sleeves are fine, like you said though you need some more length in your shirt sleeves. The bottom one looks a bit funny from the side. Front on it looks quite slim through the waist but side on the back looks like it has quite a bit of room. So it could be a bit of a balance issue. Is the top one a Howard Yount?

3. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

do you have a photo studio? how did u photo yourself with pure white back ground? bit of light spill but nice effort

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

4. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

^^ To me the top one is better than the bottom, mostly because the bottom looks too tight around the midsection as compared to the bottom of the jacket which looks quite blousy.

I don't know if it is in fact too tight around the midsection (it seems to pull ever so slightly but its hard to tell), or the bottom is just too loose but one of those (or both!) creates the impression to the eye that the waist suppression is overdone.

If it does, in fact, fit nicely around the mid section, then making the bottom less blousy should be able to be done fairly easily (had this problem fixed myself on a jacket recently).

5. joiji

joiji Senior member

I agree. Both feel fine on, but looking at the picture from behind of the grey jacket, it does have excessive flair.

Haha, no. This is just in my small living room. Behind my is a small courtyard, with some semi opaque blinds. The daylight just blows out to white when I compensate to get myself exposed correctly. The light spill is me having to tone down the expose so much to get myself exposed correctly. I couldn't be bothered setting up any proper lighting for myself for fit pictures.

I'll get a local tailor to have a look at it. You both seem to mirror my thoughts about it. It seems to fit well but has excess fabric in areas which is letting it billow out.
    Both are out of the UK from D.S. Dundee. Quite pleased with them for the price I paid (~100 GBP each including shipping, down from ~350 each [​IMG])

The thing I find strange is that the blue is a 36, where the grey is a 38, both quarter lined, etc. Might just be the linen/silk mix draping better than the cotton, which is pretty stiff.

6. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Yeah the top one probably better overall as it has better length and covers your backside. I think sleeves are more of a shirt-issue rather than jacket issue.

Top one with casual pants will be ok, dressier pants will emphasise the lack of length. I agree with lachyzee tho - the shape on the top one is better on the back and mid section but i think its something that can be fixed on the bottom jacket.

7. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

The cotton will relax - wear it for a while and let it mould to your body

8. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

Hmm maybe it's just me but the button stance on that first jacket is ridiculously high. Actually makes an otherwise good jacket unwearable IMO.

9. smeggett

smeggett Senior member

Always had a prompt reply from them, and have been quite impressed with their service... Not sure why they wouldn't respond unless they didn't think it was a serious enquiry?

10. jmills

jmills Senior member

I got a reply recently, but I didn't get time to post until now. I guess they were just having a busy day(s).

11. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

hey guys - just started posting some photos over at our affiliate thread. I know its a bit early to think about next Autumn but if you have some time let me know what you guys think of the navy corduroys in the same fit as our current cotton chino range that we stocked for Spring/Summer. Thanks!

12. Gonzo

Gonzo Well-Known Member

+1

First thing I noticed too. Unfortunate cos it looks decent otherwise.

13. joiji

joiji Senior member

14. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

#WIWT - Gerry familiar? :)
    pjohnson suit, shirt, tie - represent! haha

15. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Nice one, Rob - my brudda from anadda mudda! [​IMG]

I'm actually wearing the jacket today with some grey trousers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.