Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I'm also about to get something delivered from the UK. There are a few services and all seem to come up around the 30 pound mark for what I want delivered (2kg package). No sites seem to offer budget services - they all use relatively expensive couriers.

Forward2me is parcel2go's mail forwarding site (parcel2go does door to door courier services). I believe they use FedEx Econ. to Australia. Borderlinx is another option, bout the same price. You get 10% off for using Mastercard. I think they use DHL. They also have some limited form of consolidation available.

Both sites quote about 4-6 delivery timeframe. I'll probably go with Borderlinx (no sign up fee - forward2go is about 3GPB I think)

2. meister

meister Senior member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  3. modafroman

modafroman Member

Haha alright, cheers. Will give them some thought :)

I guess i'm still trying to find my own style..... somewhere between hipster, preppy and smart/sharp i'm thinking haha :p

4. Naka

Naka Senior member

If you like to dance, with or without social lubricant, don't get suede. I usually just wear some R.M's when I go out, with dark denim and an interesting shirt. Wearing SC's and whatnot tends to look silly when you're a 20-something student in Brisbane. I've been thinking about some chukka's in suede when I'm not going out drinking, but for clubbing and things like that you want a leather shoe with a rubber sole, or you will be slipping all over the place.

5. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Dude, how you s'posed to moonwalk with rubber soles

6. Naka

Naka Senior member

You can't moonwalk with rubber soles? :confused:

7. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

8. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

We lost the original moon walker the other day.

9. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Well I was just thinking about Japanese selvage jeans with Thorogood Moc Toe 6" boots in black leather and Vibram soles. Jeans $150 to $400 (depending on how fussy you are), and boots $200. The boots will last forever and can be easily resoled. I dare say the boots will last you for the entire duration of your uni days, no matter how many nights you go clubbing. The boots will hurt like a biatch when new, but will be a dream once broken in.

10. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Senior member

The other Armstrong lost his cycling credibility.

11. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

First he gets stripped of his Tour De France titles then he dies. Oh well, at least he'll be playing his trumpet up in the sky.

12. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

An old cycling mate of mine I used to race with put a really good summary of the Lance Armstrong malarky up on Stalkbook the other day. It went something along the lines of -

"So if Lance Armstrong loses his 7 TDF titles the cyclists that finished second will be bumped up to first. This means one convicted drug cheat (Ullrich) will now be a 4 time TDF winner, and another convicted drug cheat (Basso) will be a one time winner of the TDF. All this whilst Bjarne Riis keeps his 1996 title despite admitting that he was doped to the eyeballs at the time.

Regardless of what happens it all stinks to high heaven..."

Whether you like Lance or not, I still can't comprehend how you can ban someone for life and strip 7 TDF titles from never failing a test and purely out of hearsay (tainted, doped and convicted hearsay at that i.e Landis/Hamilton etc). It sets a scary precedent for the future....

13. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

It really does. And, if I understand correctly, it is not even within the USADA's power to strip him of the Tour De France titles. That comes down to the UCI, right?

I'd like to believe that he didn't do it, if only to romanticise the idea of someone coming back from cancer and then winning against all odds.

14. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Don't want to get into a big debate based on speculation, but this is a bit misleading. From what I have read there are at least 10 people who gave statements to the USADA indicating that they had personally (1) seen LA doping, or (2) heard LA talking about his doping, or (3) heard LA discussing his teams' doping schemes. Not all of these people are disgraced former riders. Apparently there are also doctors, masseuses etc.

The sworn evidence of 10 different people giving a mixture of direct and circumstantial evidence would more than likely put you 'beyond the balance of probabilities' in our own civil justice system, regardless of their character.

In any event, USADA will release their evidence soon enough so we will see.

Personally I find it hard to believe that USADA could come up with 10 people who would all tell lies, knowing what it would do not only to LA, but also to his millions of dedicated believers. Especially when not all of them benefit from testifying against LA (or have a bone to pick with him).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  15. Sceps

Sceps Well-Known Member

Thats right brownman, its up to the UCI whom I believe have publicly backed Lance??? Although I think it will end up in some type of sports court in Switzerland. Even if the take they title off him on paper he still rode into Paris 7 times as the champion and took all the glory. I'd take the word of the Enron board before I believed what ever shit landis dribbles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.